Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

profane elfs list

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kknd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: profane elfs list Reply with quote

this deckhas been very soild but i need ideas to sure up the side and maybe a few for the main

4ximperious perfect
4xwern's run vanquisher
4xllanwar elf
2xchameleon colossus (thinking bout replacing with 2xredcaps)
2xwilt leave leige
2xcivic wayfinder
3xkitchen finks
1xshreiknaw (thinking about replacing with namelessinversion)
3xgurrak wildspeaker
4xprofane command
3xeyes blightending
1xterror(thinking bout namless again)

SIDE

3xinfest
2xmindshatter
1xgutteral response (not sure on this)
1x wickerbrough elder (not sure on this)
3x cloudthresher
2xshreiknaw
2xwilt leafleige
1xkitchen finks (not sure on this)

this is a top5 netdeck i picked up that finnished fifth in somthing lol.But im looking to im prove this build it is very soild somtimes it feels like most of the side isnt being used effectively.
as for the terror and shreiknaw in this meta there is alot of black so i need something more versitile plus nameless counts as an elf.
colossus for redcaps the red caps seem like dams thats gonna get through no matter what either at the face or at a potential blocker.the amount of times im left with an opponent on 2 or even 1 life redcap would have been good.
BUT PLEASE IM OPEN TO ANY IDEAS!!!
kknd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: edit Reply with quote

4x thoughtseize as well in main
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding lands may improve most of your match-ups
kknd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: land Reply with quote

my land base is fine lol hence not adding it
Shyft-
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: What happened here? Reply with quote

a) Your spelling is worse than Flippi drunk. Do you know the names of any of the cards you're playing?

b) The list is awful; there's absolutely no possible way that you can beat any of the token decks already, and you're thinking of taking out colossus, one of the few good cards in your list against bw?

c) You ask for help and then don't bother to give the mana base, because it's "fine". I think by "fine" you mean "enormous" because you only have 33 cards listed which means you're playing 27 land, + wayfinders and llanowar.

d) For the reasons above, I can only offer the following assistance to you with your decklist: find a new hobby.
kknd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: you cant read Reply with quote

shft thanks for your comments but if u had have looked below yes i did miss out thoughtseizes hence bring it up to 37 deck.
meaning im playing 23 lands.
soo...nice try dude better luck next time think of something good to say cheerz
alvaro202

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: you cant read Reply with quote

kknd wrote:
shft thanks for your comments but if u had have looked below yes i did miss out thoughtseizes hence bring it up to 37 deck.

The above poster comments were completely legit. You did forget to post thoughsieze in your main list, and then you omitted your land base. Any deck that is running 2 colors should have there lands listed, even with 1 color decks your mana base can have an effect on the list.

Even with 4 thoughtsieze, the deck you are presenting in just bad. It placed 5th because it got beat by better decks, and those better decks that it lost to are growing into a larger percentage of the metagame. X cost cards (like mind shatter and profane command) are really really bad in the current metagame. They are very slowwwwww, and your deck have any mana acceleration that can provide to you the means to play a profane. Shriek maw and terror should be nameless, and you need to be running 4 eyeblights ending for spot removal. 4 infests in sideboard is a must, same with 4 thresher. For chameleon colossus, you should make up your mind either chameleon colossus or wilt leaf liege. Garruk is a house but you will only be using him to produce tokens, and your curve is to poor to really play him in this deck. In the best of circumstances he can provide you a 5 x profane command on turn 5, which will just be countered or played around on your opponents next turn.

Gutteral response in sideboard is a must, 4x if you want to survive the control matchups (which you will see a lot of.) mind shatter is way to slow and is a bad top deck, scepter of fugue is a better card if you think dropping there hand is important for you to win.

So I have to say your deck is all over the place with a really poorly thought out curve. 1st turn llanowar into a second turn finks/ civic wayfinder (which will rarely happen because of your card numbers) will not win you the game. Following it up with a garruk, untapping 2 lands and leaving mana open for a what? nameless inversion on turn 3? This deck is just slow and will loose to tokens all day long. Its late game is to poor to keep pace with real control decks. It is in a limbo land just like bant aggro/control decks are. Dedicate yourself to a theme and get the job done by declaring how you will win the game and then making it happen. Just this deck is no where near that.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the BG Elves decks that actually performs well at a high level, and try to find out why they do so.

Didn't a BG Elves do well in a trial or master here on M-L lately?
World

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: you cant read Reply with quote

alvaro202 wrote:
kknd wrote:

The above poster comments were completely legit. You did forget to post thoughsieze in your main list, and then you omitted your land base. Any deck that is running 2 colors should have there lands listed, even with 1 color decks your mana base can have an effect on the list.

Even with 4 thoughtsieze, the deck you are presenting in just bad. It placed 5th because it got beat by better decks, and those better decks that it lost to are growing into a larger percentage of the metagame. X cost cards (like mind shatter and profane command) are really really bad in the current metagame. They are very slowwwwww, and your deck have any mana acceleration that can provide to you the means to play a profane. Shriek maw and terror should be nameless, and you need to be running 4 eyeblights ending for spot removal. 4 infests in sideboard is a must, same with 4 thresher. For chameleon colossus, you should make up your mind either chameleon colossus or wilt leaf liege. Garruk is a house but you will only be using him to produce tokens, and your curve is to poor to really play him in this deck. In the best of circumstances he can provide you a 5 x profane command on turn 5, which will just be countered or played around on your opponents next turn.

Gutteral response in sideboard is a must, 4x if you want to survive the control matchups (which you will see a lot of.) mind shatter is way to slow and is a bad top deck, scepter of fugue is a better card if you think dropping there hand is important for you to win.

So I have to say your deck is all over the place with a really poorly thought out curve. 1st turn llanowar into a second turn finks/ civic wayfinder (which will rarely happen because of your card numbers) will not win you the game. Following it up with a garruk, untapping 2 lands and leaving mana open for a what? nameless inversion on turn 3? This deck is just slow and will loose to tokens all day long. Its late game is to poor to keep pace with real control decks. It is in a limbo land just like bant aggro/control decks are. Dedicate yourself to a theme and get the job done by declaring how you will win the game and then making it happen. Just this deck is no where near that.

Look its just an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about that dont slaughter the guy cause he has an idea. Think about it, BW Tokens was a thought at first also. So was 5cc, Fae, Jund Ramp, and all the other Tier 1 decks. Give the guy a chance. Shyft, you probably had an idea that got slaughtered before yourself, U gotta understand that magic is about fun, strategy, and ideas. Just dont come down on the guy for havin his own version. Just give him advice and pointer to make his deck better thats all
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is profane command and mind shatter bad? they are rly good in this metagame. how is mind shatter a bad topdeck and scepter of fugue a good topdeck? more like the other way around. 4 guttural is too many as control decks are on the decline. man if your going to write that huge chunk of text at least know what your saying first
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 23 lands and 2 wayfinders 4 profane commmand is def 2 many, its best in decks with lots of land and lots of card draw, here it is ok as a 1 maybe 2 off but no more than that.
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think infest belongs in the sideboard since you blow up your board as well as the token decks. But I think they can remake there army quicker than you can. Maybe you should go "rock"or hulk smash approach?

If you really want to keep the elf/swarm theme I strongly suggest Bitterblossom. Say cut the fink for it? I've won a lot of games I had no business winning with Elves by using Bitterblossom/Garruk's overrun ability . . it's a nice retort to a cruel ultimatum or kithkin's Ajani.
alvaro202

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
how is profane command and mind shatter bad? they are rly good in this metagame. how is mind shatter a bad topdeck and scepter of fugue a good topdeck? more like the other way around. 4 guttural is too many as control decks are on the decline. man if your going to write that huge chunk of text at least know what your saying first

It's not about being a good top deck or not. His deck list doesn't indicate a good early game, and he doesn't have good late game support to dump the mana needed to make profane a useful card. I suggested gutteral response as a 4 of because this deck will only work against control decks if he can cast through counters, which gutteral response allows. There are just to many incongruities within the deck to give sound advice on what to change, and I provided advice as best I could with the original list.

There is certainly nothing wrong with jund ramp theme, and also nothing wrong with GB elves, but this deck is trying to mesh the both of them without using the strongest points of both decks, therefore weakening the decks ability to win.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1