Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trueeevil Dying

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Rosie

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(fight somewhere else, CMA-Flippi)
Craze

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out stanfords final's schedule it coincidently has been the last week, thus no magic.
brentmellow

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimstone wrote:
brentmellow wrote:
My 3970 word manuscript is more as a grieving process then an actual forum post. It would be unlikely that any of the admins would take that away from someone. Anyways, this whole experience has made me realize that everyone behind a screen name is actually a real person and should be treated like a real person. No more insults, sarcastic posts, or spamming deck lists that might annoy or offend people. I am a brand new person now and I doubt they would have the audacity to interfere with my wholesome interactions.

Reading your first post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks a lot.

It does not matter who you are or how well you knew him. This forum is okay and please stop telling people to delete it. That in and of its self is not respectful. It is natural for people to claim they new him well. Even if they did not they still were part of him. They might share the same interests, the same stresses, the same experiences. On the grand scheme of things, we are all interconnected in various ways and the loss of one affects the spider like network connection as a whole. Please respect his web and do nothing to tear apart the communication that holds us together.

What the last few days has taught me is that we are all one large community. Despite slight differences in belief we are all humans and are thus part of one large community. We are metaphorically all the members of the same "tribe" and thus everyone deserves to be treated with the utmost respect. Recently, some people have spread bad rumors about JP and made hurtful comments. Do not let these negative thoughts manifest. Instead, ignore them and they shall disappear forever. Don't harbor negative emotion. Instead, have it melt off like water and let the ebb and flow of life and peace tighten the bonds that hold us together.

Sincerely,
Mushmellow
Beastinator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Stay the Course Reply with quote

I have Bipolar disorder and for anyone with similar problems, no matter how hard it gets, everyone always has so much to live for. In my darkest episodes I never dreamed of some great things I've experienced and I haven't even fully recovered, so who knows what's still in store for me. You will always have someone who loves you for the right reasons so you should always love yourself. God Bless.
toor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP JP. You were one of the best people to play with and against.
bob_dob

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm going to try to be the voice of reason here.

Rosie: Look, whether you realize it or not, there are many people here who cared a lot about JP. JP (as trueeevil) was very active here at M-L, and a lot of people got to know him here. He was friends with more than a few people here. Their grief is every single bit as valid as yours. You need to lay off the fucking disdain, man, it's hard enough to deal with shit like this without having people sniping at each other for no good fucking reason.

Craze: OK, we all have different opinions about religion. Well and good, it takes all kinds and all that. But you need to get the fuck out of other people's grieving process. If there are people here that believe that JP is going on to something better, and they derive comfort from that belief, then now is not the time to start going off about religion. If you don't share those beliefs, that's fine, but this is most definitely not the fucking place to go around rubbing it in somebody's face.

Again, I didn't know JP all that well. I talked to him every once in a while, and he seemed to be a really nifty dude. He was obviously gifted (at Magic and elsewhere) and it really sucks that he did this. I don't believe anybody knows why or will ever know; the decision to commit suicide is not one that's comprehensible to anyone who isn't the person committing suicide.

On another note: anybody who is blaming themselves for what happened, don't. If there's one thing that is apparent here, it's that JP was pretty fucking intelligent. And a smart person will figure out a way to commit suicide without you interfering. What happened, happened, and it's horrible and it sucks, but nobody needs to be drowning themselves with guilt over what they think they might have been able to do.

Again, you were a cool dude, eee. I wish that there was something we, any of us, could have done to help. I hope you're in a better place now.

Ian
CalebD
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know him that well, but met him in tournaments. He was always a good opponent. The community has lost big, here.

I had a close magic friend die some years ago, and it still hits me hard sometimes. Brentmellow's post resonated with me a lot.

RIP
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I overlooked some messages by banned people here..

However, after this thread evolved into a fight, i have to close it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3