Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trueeevil Dying


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Author Message
EMA



Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 189

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know JP but I feel close to your pain, may he rest in peace.
Back to top
Zuzarte



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: :/ Reply with quote

TE was the funniest an most helpfull guy in magic-league, I just wish I could go back in the past and prevent this. Sad

RIP bud.
Back to top
brentmellow



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has any messages for JP they want me to put at the memorial at school just post them here and say that and I can print them out and leave them with all the other items there.

So far there are a lot of items including a poster, a rockband guitar hero guitar, stuffed animals, candles, pictures of him at camp everytown and a bunch of personal mementos and letters to him. Its really nice, but very sad when you walk by and everyone around there is crying and it feels very sorrowful. It is such a great change because he is never at the places he usually is at school. Maybe I'll take one of my crazy decklists to regionals. I am starting to like the Bloom Post combo but I am not sure.

Sincerely,
Mushmellow
Back to top
curly



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brentmellow I want this to go to his memorial.


Trueeevil you were a good friend and will be missed. Rest In Peace buddy.
Curly
Back to top
Shindeiru



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is trully fucked up :s. He was such a nice guy and a great person... He will be missed... Death is the most certain thing in life and True got to known it earlier then he was supposed to, thats pretty sad :/.

Rest in Peace.
Back to top
Ashmatan



Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks that at 17, someone thinks their life is so bad that the only way out is to take their own life. Maybe his death can be an inspiration to others that feel the same way. Nothing..NOTHING in life is so horrible that anyone should feel that the only way out is death. Sure, I've felt that way on occasion, but never would I actually do it.
Sounds like depression, for sure. I just hope it wasn't over a girl. Don't do anything rash over a girl. Especially at so young an age. We as people have a lot to live for even though at times it seems like the best thing that could happen to you is death. These thoughts are what the Father of Lies instills in your head at these times of sadness and depression in your life. It is then when you must see the way that Satan is trying to influence you to make a rash decision. He WANTS you to kill yourself so he has another addition to his army. Suicide is the Devil's work and none else's. I mean, seriously people, this post is to help people see reasons to live than find reasons to die. I just can't imagine his thoughts on the tracks--it's just plain sad that he did this to himself and felt the need to permanently flee from his problems and that his life had no possibility of getting better.

Rest in Peace, dude.
Back to top
brentmellow



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashmatan wrote:
It sucks that at 17, someone thinks their life is so bad that the only way out is to take their own life. Maybe his death can be an inspiration to others that feel the same way. Nothing..NOTHING in life is so horrible that anyone should feel that the only way out is death. Sure, I've felt that way on occasion, but never would I actually do it.
Sounds like depression, for sure. I just hope it wasn't over a girl. Don't do anything rash over a girl. Especially at so young an age. We as people have a lot to live for even though at times it seems like the best thing that could happen to you is death. These thoughts are what the Father of Lies instills in your head at these times of sadness and depression in your life. It is then when you must see the way that Satan is trying to influence you to make a rash decision. He WANTS you to kill yourself so he has another addition to his army. Suicide is the Devil's work and none else's. I mean, seriously people, this post is to help people see reasons to live than find reasons to die. I just can't imagine his thoughts on the tracks--it's just plain sad that he did this to himself and felt the need to permanently flee from his problems and that his life had no possibility of getting better.

Rest in Peace, dude.


We actually don't know what he was thinking because we can't ask him to find out. No one knew it was going to happen so it was a complete surprise. I doubt he had the intention of "joining satan's army" because he was a really nice guy.

@Not Circa
I don't remember reading your post but that sucks that it got deleted. Usually, if I do long posts I just save them to a word document in case something happens like the sight goes down or computer freezes or something. Its sad that they ban people when in theory people can easily start new lives on the internet and start over anew. I doubt the admins would delete my post even though I am not suppose to use the forums. In reality, this situation has more importance than forum rules/guidlines. My 3970 word manuscript is more as a grieving process then an actual forum post. It would be unlikely that any of the admins would take that away from someone. Anyways, this whole experience has made me realize that everyone behind a screen name is actually a real person and should be treated like a real person. No more insults, sarcastic posts, or spamming deck lists that might annoy or offend people. I am a brand new person now and I doubt they would have the audacity to interfere with my wholesome interactions.
Back to top
Ashmatan



Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(fight somewhere else, CMA-Flippi)

Peace all. RIP Trueevil. Be safe.
Back to top
Mr_DoomZ



Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the few people I got excited to play against when paired. RIP
Back to top
Ggerg



Joined: 04 Sep 2005
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well fuck
Back to top
Rosie



Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods please delete this thread. It doesn't belong on magic the gathering forums.
Back to top
brentmellow



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie wrote:
Mods please delete this thread. It doesn't belong on magic the gathering forums.


What are you talking about? Stop making this sound like a joke. This is not a joke. Even though I wish in all truth that JP was still with us he is not. I went to his memorial service today and I can confirm that JP is no longer with us in this world even though he will always stay close to our hearts.

Furthermore, this is not on the magic the gathering forums it is on the other- non magic forums. In addition, it disgusts me that you would even think this is a joke. People generally uphold the most basic human morals and do not joke about suicide and such events of that gravity.

Either that or you are experiencing the normal stage of grieving called denial which is normal and part of the process. But please do not express those views here which might make people question reality who are working hard to accept hard times.

Thank you,
Mushmellow
Back to top
Kytep



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie wrote:
Mods please delete this thread. It doesn't belong on magic the gathering forums.


I totally disagree - While I obviously would MUCH rather trueeevil not have died, given that he did, I think it is very good for the m-l community to be able to remember him and also talk about humanity, death, and how shocking/real life can be. If nothing else, I believe that this thread has helped elevate the maturity level and sense of humanity around here, even if it ends up being only temporary.

Kytep
Back to top
brentmellow



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytep wrote:
Rosie wrote:
Mods please delete this thread. It doesn't belong on magic the gathering forums.


I totally disagree - While I obviously would MUCH rather trueeevil not have died, given that he did, I think it is very good for the m-l community to be able to remember him and also talk about humanity, death, and how shocking/real life can be. If nothing else, I believe that this thread has helped elevate the maturity level and sense of humanity around here, even if it ends up being only temporary.

Kytep


True that. I am never going to troll again. The next deck list I post will be one that I have actually won games with! He was one of the few people who got my humor. Smile




Back to top
brimstone



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brentmellow wrote:
My 3970 word manuscript is more as a grieving process then an actual forum post. It would be unlikely that any of the admins would take that away from someone. Anyways, this whole experience has made me realize that everyone behind a screen name is actually a real person and should be treated like a real person. No more insults, sarcastic posts, or spamming deck lists that might annoy or offend people. I am a brand new person now and I doubt they would have the audacity to interfere with my wholesome interactions.


Reading your first post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy