Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the play

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
FreeBird

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: What's the play Reply with quote

Ok to start with relevant information.

You are at 4 life and have 4 lands (2 Vivid Crags, Reflecting Pool, and Springjack Pasture not to mention the mind stone) You also have Rings of Brighthearth and Ajani Vengent (at 4 counters) and you have Incendiary Command in hand, as well as a scepter of dominance.
(In my graveyard there is a Fallout, Wrath of God, Pithing Needle and Austure Command)

Your opponent (playing RB blightning) is at 18 life, had 7 lands (2 being Ghitu Encampments Tapped) no creatures and he has 2 cards in hand.
(in his graveyard is 2 Boggart Ram gangs, FoD, and Blightning.
What's the play?

My list is

// Lands
2 [DVD] Plains (1)
2 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
3 [EVE] Rugged Prairie
1 [EVE] Springjack Pasture
3 [LRW] Vivid Crag
2 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [LRW] Vivid Meadow
1 [SHM] Mistveil Plains
2 [SHM] Mystic Gate
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
2 [ALA] Tezzeret the Seeker
4 [SHM] Fulminator Mage

// Spells
3 [10E] Wrath of God
1 [CNF] Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
1 [CNF] Obelisk of Alara
4 [CNF] Scepter of Dominance
3 [CNF] Volcanic Fallout
2 [LRW] Austere Command
3 [LRW] Incendiary Command
2 [LRW] Rings of Brighthearth
2 [ALA] Courier's Capsule
1 [10E] Pithing Needle
4 [JVC] Mind Stone
shiZnits

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concede your deck sucks
FreeBird

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol your cool, If you have nothing constructive to say don't post believe me it's a better decision and my deck does just fine, kthxbye ^^
rdeg87

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot him with Ajani and play the Scepter
FreeBird

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdeg87 wrote:
Shoot him with Ajani and play the Scepter

Well to just stop trolling I will say you are the only people even of people I asked on MSN who wasn't tempted to keep the Encampments tapped down. his 2 cards in hand were Volcanic Fallout.
onew0rd

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont listen to the hate...everyone is so obsesses with winning that they assume thats the only goal...it's a game and different people play for different reasons...just because a deck is top tier doesnt mean its useless, the statistical fact is that most players are losers...if not winning wouldnt be important...id rather lose with this pile than a bonafied tier 1 deck...anyhow, i agree with the ajani then scepter play...either way, cool deck. I would play 1 cumber stone and im not sure about the fulminator mages but it seems neat.
FreeBird

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onew0rd wrote:
dont listen to the hate...everyone is so obsesses with winning that they assume thats the only goal...it's a game and different people play for different reasons...just because a deck is top tier doesnt mean its useless, the statistical fact is that most players are losers...if not winning wouldnt be important...id rather lose with this pile than a bonafied tier 1 deck...anyhow, i agree with the ajani then scepter play...either way, cool deck. I would play 1 cumber stone and im not sure about the fulminator mages but it seems neat.

Lol i'm not quite sure how to react to the this post.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 life is too low to keep the lands tapped, He still has 5 land so you'll die to any combination of haste creatures and burn. Or just a Javelin.
Did he top deck the land and win?
FreeBird

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah he top decked Terminate >.>
So i was able to get there...
rdeg87

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my way is the safer option, but your way if he doesnt win next turn he just loses.
Not sure which is the correct ply, there is merits for both
FreeBird

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdeg87 wrote:
I guess my way is the safer option, but your way if he doesnt win next turn he just loses.
Not sure which is the correct ply, there is merits for both

No i did use your way, but he used fall out eot to deal more to me hopeing to top deck burn...

took him to 4 with ajani then incendiary commanded ftw
spudfuss

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: the play Reply with quote

burn with ajani if he responds with burn or fallout respond with rings to gain 6. play the scepter and hope he doesnt get lucky.
Carnubak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: the play Reply with quote

spudfuss wrote:
burn with ajani if he responds with burn or fallout respond with rings to gain 6. play the scepter and hope he doesnt get lucky.

Erm... You can't actually "respond" with Rings of Brightheart, since it's ability is triggered, not activated. The actual timing of abilites is as follows:

1. You activate Ajani Vengeant's ability (deal 3 damage, gain 3 life).
2. Rings of Brightheart triggers, and you put it on the stack.
3. You get priority, and pass.
4. Your opponent gets priority and can play Volcanic Fallout, it goes to the top of the stack.
5. If no one plays any more spells or abilities, Volcanic Fallout resolves, and deals 2 damage (your opponent may redirect them to Ajani Vengeant or not, as he chooses).
6. The ability of Rings of Brightheart resolves, and you may pay 2 mana to copy the ability of Ajani Vengeant and put it on the stack.
7. If you did, it will resolve and deal 3 damage, you gain 3 life.
8. The original ability of Ajani Vengeant resolves, and deals 3 damage, you gain 3 life.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1