Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

block metagame

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
JayBeezy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt immortal coil and lichs mirror just infinite combo time out?
Quetzilla

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main decks I've seen:

Jund Aggro

Main Cards:
Bloodbraid Elf
Jund Hackblade
Putrid Leech
Sprouting Thrinax
Terminate

Occasionally has more 3-mana cascade, hellspark e/hell's thunder, or more removal like Resounding Thunder or Bituminous Blast.

I think it's the main aggro deck just because it has good speed and good card advantage with cascade, as well as decent burn to finish the job.

4-5c Control with Broodmate Dragon/Cruel Ultimatum

Sometimes these try to mix in a cascade theme, but they basically play the 2 namesake cards + a lot of removal and Esper Charms. Countermagic main or in the side.

Other than those two I've seen a load of various decks which are usually pretty bad when faced with the above two decks. Naya/Bant aggro both seem underpowered compared to Jund aggro since Jund cards either have haste and/or card advantage which really gives them the leg up, plus jund gets better removal vs control (terminate+maelstrom pule > path to exile + oblivion ring)
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play elspeth or lose
Quetzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trizzy60 wrote:
play elspeth or lose

Uh what? I think I've lot to Elspeth once, and beaten elspeth many many times. What is Elspeth good against?
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elspeth is played in every deck with white in block. It breaks ground wars with naya mirrors. Kills other planeswalkers. Kills other elspeths. Also constant threats vs the control decks.
Quetzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trizzy60 wrote:
Elspeth is played in every deck with white in block. It breaks ground wars with naya mirrors. Kills other planeswalkers. Kills other elspeths. Also constant threats vs the control decks.

If you say so... I haven't found it very threatening.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayBeezy wrote:
isnt immortal coil and lichs mirror just infinite combo time out?

explain your reasoning
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1