Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faeries still playable?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Faeries still playable? Reply with quote

Any thoughts as to what could make faeries playable still in this format?? I know Im bored sh1tless of playing faeries myself but it was still a contender before, Im thinking maind deck bottle gnomes may let it beat blightning and im considering trying a u/w/b variant to trial zealous persecution

something like this is my first trial run, any thoughts/suggestions?

4 Mutavault
4 Secluded Glen
3 Underground Riveer
4 Island
2 Swamp
1 Plains
4 Fetid heath
3 Adarkar Waste

2 Reveillark
4 Mistbind Clique
1 sower of Temptation
3 Bottle Gnomes
3 Scion of Oona
4 Spellstutter Sprite

4 Bitterblossom
4 Broken Ambitions
4 Cryptic Command
3 Zealous Persecution
1 Loxodon Warhammer
2 Identity Crisis

SB
3 Esper Charm
2 cenn triplets
1 Bottle Gnomes
1 Zealous Persecution
2 Sower of Temptation
1 Loxodon Warhammer
3 Terror
2 Countersquall

Am at work atm and the thought just came to me that evoking a reveillark for 2x scion would be mad and/or evoking for 2x bottle gnomes vs r/b would give em fits.
apocchime

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your pic has me utterly confused...are you male of female?
|eric|

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: hrmm Reply with quote

PV just did a article on faeries in T2 if its still good or not it was a good read esp if your a faeries player

its over on starcity in the prem section
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apocchime wrote:
your pic has me utterly confused...are you male of female?

its a pic of my ex when i originally put it on about 2 years ago and was playing on ml actively. I just cant figure out how to get the biatch off my profile...

Quote:
PV just did a article on faeries in T2 if its still good or not it was a good read esp if your a faeries player

its over on starcity in the prem section

Cheers
KevinJonas

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toguppy wrote:

its a pic of my ex when i originally put it on about 2 years ago and was playing on ml actively. I just cant figure out how to get the biatch off my profile...

ain't that swell?
zeratul734

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, faeries is still good.

No, maindeck bottle gnomes are not good.

Splashing takes away from the consistency of Faeries, and consistency is ALWAYS better than power.

If you're worried about blightning, cut painlands, run a singleton warhammer in the main (which you are), think about vendilions over scions, and consider plumeveils (and bottle gnomes) in the side.
toguppy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okidokie, pllayed about 20 games with it last night.

even though in theory playing a clique in their upkeep and then identity crisis'ing them was cool, was way to slow.... gee what a suprise Very Happy

the zealous persecutions are suprisingly good!!! even with only 1 or 2 faeries and a mutavault it allows you to play tricks such as stacking damage and not losing creatures, or killing theirs, especially good vs tokens. (another duh Rolling Eyes )

Erm revielllark is the mvp of EVERY single game i got to play him in, returning a bottle gnomes vs blightning = GG
returning scions after all the trouble someone has gone to killing them is quite good too. The problem is that there isnt anything else to bring back that is good, Sowers were underperforming the entire time and I would never want to see them. the deck needs spot removal vs Bant and Jund,

have swapped out the identity crisis' + 1x sower for 3x terror.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1