Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KevinJonas's Guide to Type 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
KevinJonas

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: KevinJonas's Guide to Type 2 Reply with quote

THIS IS GUIDE TO A TPE 2...

DECK 1
BEATZ
creature [21]
3 Figure of Destiny
1 Flamekin Harbinger
2 Knight of Meadowgrain
3 Knight of the White Orchid
1 Mirror Entity
3 Mogg Fanatic
3 Ranger of Eos
2 Reveillark
3 Siege-Gang Commander

instant [4]
2 Flame Javelin
2 Path to Exile

sorcery [5]
1 Banefire
4 Spectral Procession

artifact [3]
3 Mind Stone

land [20]
2 Mountain
1 Mutavault
5 Plains
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Rugged Prairie
4 Windbrisk Heights

planeswalker [3]
3 Ajani Vengeant

BAD MATCHUPS: ctontrol,combos
GOOD MATCHUPS: beatz

CONTROLZ:
1 Battlefield Forge
1 Cascade Bluffs
1 Caves of Koilos
3 Flooded Grove
1 Island
1 Mystic Gate
4 Reflecting Pool
3 Sunken Ruins
4 Vivid Creek
3 Vivid Marsh
4 Vivid Meadow
1 Broodmate Dragon
1 Cloudthresher
4 Mulldrifter
1 Nucklavee
4 Condemn
3 Cruel Ultimatum
4 Cryptic Command
4 Esper Charm
2 Jace Beleren
2 Negate
2 Pyroclasm
2 Remove Soul
2 Resounding Thunder
2 Wrath of God

# 60

Sideboard:
1 Broodmate Dragon
3 Cloudthresher
1 Firespout
1 Negate
1 Plumeveil
2 Remove Soul
3 Resounding Wave
2 Runed Halo
1 Wrath of God

GOOD matCHUPS: beatz
BAD MATCHUPS: controls

AGGRO-CONTROLz
16 Forest
4 Mosswort Bridge
4 Deus of Calamity
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Devoted Druid
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Primalcrux
4 Deity of Scars
4 Doomgape
4 Overgrowth
4 Impromptu Raid
4 Oversoul of Dusk
4 Guttural Response
4 Cloudthresher
1 Pithing Needle
2 Phosphorescent Feast

GOOD MATCHUPS: ALL except latrk
BAD MATCHUPS: boat brew

BEST DECKS:
1. Jund Ramp
2. boat's brew
3, 5 colors control
4. Kithers

honorable mention: BW, RW, UW, GW, GR, UR, UB, RB, doran

the bottom line,... type of 2 requires skill... need to learn matchups and then beat... 5cc is a sleeper deck... it's pretty good vs the field...

lsv wrote aboust a pretty zombies deck... not surwe of card cuz dont has premium...my friend has premium tho, say it's a suck haha...but when u think about it, is a lot of quality zombies in type of 2 when u consider the shapeshifters as well

correct me if im wrong but zombie warchief is legal... deck is still probably bad haha

also, perhaps goblins can make a resurgence...is goood vs control and aggers...
Qamiqaze420

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is all-in green aggro-control? you could make a case for either aggro or aggro-combo, but theres nothing controllish about the deck. i mean, the deck's gameplan is to drop fatties as fast as you can and swing...
Craze

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caesarthehun wrote:
This was clearly written by the retarded jonas brother. becuase we even have them interested in magic. this does not make the post bad, just ridiculous. After i finish my regionals gauntlet, i will probably post an actual guide like this.

except ya know, you also suck.

And as for KevinJonas, well I already knew he was an idiot, so not much surprise here.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, we don't need a "Guide to Tipe 2" or whatever the hell you said, because if anyone needs to know the top decks in Standard they will just look at the trials on here or on the PT/PTQ's from magic's site. And if they are lucky, they will even have an FNM in town to see most of the top decks in real life. Second of all, those decks are FAR from a Guide to the current Type 2. Jund Ramp and Boat Brew are top decks, but BW tokens only gets an honorable mention? LMAO, tokens were like 5 out of the 8 decks in the last Standard Pro Tour, and Jund Ramp and Boat Brew got a massive 0. I agree MAYBE about Kithkin, and definitely about 5 Color Control, so at least you got one right. Oh and Zombies are horrible, they are fun, but not good at all in today's T2. Hell Rogue's would probably be better.

Today's T2 is pretty diverse, but that wasn't the greatest All-In Green deck, and btw: Its an aggro deck, not control. So to anyone who wants to make a list of all the decks they think are great and the "good and bad" matchups that they think they have, do us all a favor and DON'T.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensEffect wrote:
First of all, we don't need a "Guide to Tipe 2" or whatever the hell you said, because if anyone needs to know the top decks in Standard they will just look at the trials on here or on the PT/PTQ's from magic's site. And if they are lucky, they will even have an FNM in town to see most of the top decks in real life. Second of all, those decks are FAR from a Guide to the current Type 2. Jund Ramp and Boat Brew are top decks, but BW tokens only gets an honorable mention? LMAO, tokens were like 5 out of the 8 decks in the last Standard Pro Tour, and Jund Ramp and Boat Brew got a massive 0. I agree MAYBE about Kithkin, and definitely about 5 Color Control, so at least you got one right. Oh and Zombies are horrible, they are fun, but not good at all in today's T2. Hell Rogue's would probably be better.

Today's T2 is pretty diverse, but that wasn't the greatest All-In Green deck, and btw: Its an aggro deck, not control. So to anyone who wants to make a list of all the decks they think are great and the "good and bad" matchups that they think they have, do us all a favor and DON'T.

Please don't feed the trolls.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1