Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cascade

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, that doesnt work.
diegomediano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another question on cascade:

if i play bituminous blast in EOT, and cascade reveals a sorcery or creature can i play it??
MikeL123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is, anything that lets you play a card as the part of the resolution of a spell or ability, means you can ignore timing rules.

I.E. you play a Cascade spell. Cascade triggers, both players pass priority, then it resolves. You begin following it's instructions for resolution, which include "you may play this card..."

Likewise with the Hideaway lands.

Alternatively, some cards say "Until end of turn, you may play this card..." or "As long as the cards are removed from the game, you may play them...". Those abilities do not involve playing the spell as part of the ability; they tell you what you can do after the ability finishes resolving. In that case, timing rules apply.
MikeL123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'll amend this. Assume Cascade and the Hideaway lands instead said "you may play this card NOW without paying it's mana cost". Or "you may play this card during the resolution of this ability without paying it's mana cost". That's what it's really saying.

Alternatively, some cards say "until end of your turn, you may play..." Those actually spell out the timing.
diegomediano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thx for the answers
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about cascade and MWS. How would you randomize the cards that you cascaded into after the effect resoved? I think the league needs a protocol for the effect as only MTGO can reproduce the effect in the correct way.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1