Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG Beats ARB Turn 4 Kill

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JGMattos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: RG Beats ARB Turn 4 Kill Reply with quote

Hey guys , since ARB spoiler was released, i liked A LOT of bloodbraid elf , and i wanted to build a fun, fast and killer list with it . The gameplan here is very simple and i think any 8 year old will know how to pilot this just fine xD. U start the game aplying a nightmare pressure on your opp , by casting tons of criatures with haste , and finishes him off with burn ( sometimes the criatures by themselves do the dirt job 2 ) Here's the list , i hope u enjoy and have fun testing it.

10 mountain
4 forest
4 karplusan forest
4 fire-lit thicket

4 noble hierarch
4 figure of destiny
4 hellspark elemental
4 jund hackblade
4 boggart ram-gang
4 bloodbraid elf

4 incinerate
4 flame javelim
3 puncture blast
3 colossal might

SB
4 scattershot archers
3 guttural response
3 everlasting torment ( burrenton is one of the worst enemies of this list)
3 firespout ( yeah i know , why not fallout over this crap? cuz sometimes fallout is played by cascade effect of bloodbraid , and u might gonna lose your board when your not in the mood for it), plus spout can be casted just to wipe the flyers board , leaving yours intact)
2 stigma lasher

i know that the tokens matchup are really a drag, but this list doesnt forgives slow starts or bad luck from your opp side, so they might be dead before they know it Razz. Keep in mind that the main goal of this deck is to test some of the new cards from ARB( bloodbraid's power in the field specially)and have fun killing some bad luck hands or mana screwed dudes on Turn 4 xD.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know you don't have to play the card that you cascade in to.
JGMattos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that , but like i said i don't want to wipe my board in some moments of the game, given the fact that many criatures of this list will die if i cast it, l and spout is really effective against flyers ( read procession tokens) that are my major concern, since the fae game is pretty easy for this deck , specially when you're on the play
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firespout is absolutely horrendous with bloodbraid as it does nothing and fallout would resolve b4 the elf. Take out spout for fallout it makes no sense.
JGMattos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , thanx Tird_Ape, i will try the fallouts , but what about the MD?what u think of it?what changes would u make on it?
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without borderposts hackblade isnt too good and noble hierarch doesnt fit. Id cut some lands and cut hierarch for borderposts and hells thunder or something idk.
JGMattos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Without borderposts hackblade isnt too good and noble hierarch doesnt fit"
well , i recomend to u to test the hierarch before u drop it of the list.
it's noble the makes u put t2 ram-gang beating for 4 or a jund hackblade + figure t2 , with jund also beating for 4 , and last , but not least, it putz a bloodbraid on T3 , that possibly will give u a free ram-gang/jund h. hellspark/colossal might , that makes possible your opp be dead on turn 4 ( one of the the goals of this list, since i'm not expecting even win a FNM with it, it's a fun and test list like i said)
Othar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going for pure speed maybe tattermunge maniac would be better in the NH spot.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take out Noble Hierarch for Tattermunge Maniac... you dont need the accel and Maniac is too good Very Happy
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have been playing a list with Tattermunge and Hackblade, rules. Bloodbraid Elf into Ram-Gang or Hell's Thunder... etc
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a similar idea right now Im about 15-3 with it

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
5 [OD] Forest (3)
5 [LRW] Mountain (3)
2 [10E] Ghitu Encampment
4 [9E] Karplusan Forest
4 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
2 [10E] Treetop Village

// Creatures
2 [ARB] Blitz Hellion
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [SHM] Tattermunge Maniac
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
4 [ARB] Jund Hackblade
2 [ARB] Marisi's Twinclaw
3 [ALA] Hell's Thunder
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental

// Spells
3 [DD2] Flame Javelin
4 [LRW] Lash Out
4 [ARB] Colossal Might

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [SHM] Guttural Response
SB: 4 [MOR] Chameleon Colossus
SB: 3 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 4 [10E] Shatterstorm

Shatterstorm is a random SB card that is half decent agaist all these esper decks that are popping up.

Other then that the MVP of the deck is either Ramgang or Colossal Might, which lets your guy survive almost all the mass removal thats played right now, and can easily turn the game around just when they think their in a good possition cuz of a chump block or something.
alvaro202

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think flame javelin shouldn't be in an aggro deck that plays bloodbraid elf. Try lashouts or incinerates instead, or if your jund colours use terminate. I don't have any experience with this exact deck, maybe you need the 4 damage to burn your opponent for the win, but I feel a card that can't be cascaded into and is off curve doesn't look like it deserves a spot.
Deuce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went -> t1 maniac t2 jund hackblade t3 hackblade t4 two colossal might after no blocks, gg. Smile
MTG-Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try with RG liege, it has a good resistance 3/4, and turn 1 tattermunge, turn 2 hackblade, turn 3 boggart and turn 4 liege is= 27 damages in 4 turns...
Atrum_X

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play firespout out of cascade it will do nothing since no red nor green mana was spent to play it...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2