Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG aggro

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
Nere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: RG aggro Reply with quote

Here is my current decklist:

// Lands
8 [7E] Forest (2)
8 [U] Mountain (1)
4 [ALA] Savage Lands

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [ALA] Rip-Clan Crasher
4 [ARB] Naya Hushblade
4 [ARB] Jund Hackblade
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
4 [CFX] Bloodhall Ooze

// Spells
4 [ALA] Resounding Thunder
4 [ARB] Firewild Borderpost
4 [ALA] Magma Spray
4 [ARB] Violent Outburst

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ALA] Wild Nacatl - replaces Magma vs control
SB: 4 [ARB] Vithian Renegades - artifacts duh!
SB: 3 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout - wrath in mirror?
SB: 4 [CFX] Ignite Disorder - bant/esper

Despite of the budget-looking cards the deck plays very fast. I know that adding black adds some powerful cards but it seems to me that the block manabase doesnt allow for aggro decks to run 3 colors.
Any opinions and suggestions are welcomed.
Duodax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will fail to Volcanic Fallout. Al your creatures have 2 toughness.
omegaorb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanted to stay strictly R/G I would say you should find room for spellbreaker Behemoth. However, i would strongly suggest going to the naya colors. Through testing i would say that the full-on color screw is very rare between the Jungle Shrines, the Noble Hierarch, and your normal draws. If your really worried about color that much, and your playing a heavy creature build then add in 2-3 Ancient Ziggurat. The advantages to going three color far outweigh the rare possibility of a color screw.

The quick list i threw together (not refined, or tested since ARB came out) can show some of those advantages.

// Lands
6 [ALA] Mountain (4)
6 [ALA] Forest (1)
5 [ALA] Plains (1)
4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Jund Hackblade
3 [ALA] Ranger of Eos
4 [ARB] Spellbreaker Behemoth
4 [ARB] Qasali Pridemage
4 [ALA] Wild Nacatl
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
4 [ALA] Woolly Thoctar

// Spells
3 [ALA] Naya Charm
3 [CFX] Path to Exile
3 [ARB] Behemoth Sledge

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ARB] Vithian Renegades
SB: 1 [ALA] Naya Charm
SB: 1 [CFX] Path to Exile
SB: 1 [ALA] Ranger of Eos
SB: 3 [ALA] Magma Spray
SB: 3 [CFX] Wall of Reverence
SB: 3 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout

Adding in white gives you access to Ranger of eos, Pridemage, Ajani, and Thoctar on the creature side, as well as Charm, Path, and Sledge on your spell side. I woud even fell comfortable dropping 1 of each land and adding in 3 Ziggurats in this build with only 9 Main Board spells it cant help me with. Playing 21 lands seems low, but 4 Nobles can take the place of 2 lands, essentially giving you 23. I would strongly encourage you to at least do a thorough testing of white and what it can offer before you put it aside.

Edit: After reading the comment from Duodax, I am proud to be one of the few people that will post a reply that is meaningful and offers a reason, a supporting statement, and an alternative.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dispite what MWS thinks Planeswalkers are not Creatures. Also I would really recommend Elspeth at least on the side. An 8/7 Flying Thoctar on turn 4 is pretty good. I think is almost better then Ajani for block aggro decks.

I would also main deck 4 Rangers. It's just that good. I would cut one of the Naya Charms though.

The rest of the deck looks great though.
Sparx7494

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvmmr
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1