Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on Kathari Bomber

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kilink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Kathari Bomber Reply with quote

Kathari Bomber on a Devour deck?

I'm running 2 on mine but haven't tested, still I wanted to check here O.o
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are good devour decks?
Kilink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tird_Ape wrote:
There are good devour decks?

Mine
Kilink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for having faith in my deck owo

Can someone please answer the question owo
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is not good and neither is a devour deck. Devour causes you to put all your eggs in one basket and screams kill me!
Kilink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with magic is: If your deck is not a tier you get flamed

Period
alvaro202

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Kathari Bomber Reply with quote

Kilink wrote:
Kathari Bomber on a Devour deck?

I'm running 2 on mine but haven't tested, still I wanted to check here O.o

That card is a horrible card. They should have given it haste. I understand they never would (would be to powerful) but that card is strait up useless as it stands. Why give it a drawback like it sacks itself when its ability triggers when its so badly constructed.

They could have also given it a low unearth cost, like 2 or 3. WTF is with 5 + cost unearth, its so poor. Wizards needs to stop making sets with 120 unplayable cards and like 20 god cards, pisses me off so much.
Alvaro21k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it didnt sacrifice itself it would be a really wreckage in limited.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you have to sac it, that's why the card is bad. (even if it can actually hit the opponent)

Devour deck is based on a lot of small tokens right? Why does BW token deck have a chance vs anything running Volcanic Fallout? The answer is that it can make his tokens grow over X/2 and they are out of range. So if a devour deck can't make his tokens bigger than a fallout's damage, it'll be an auto loss vs anything running fallout.

Even if you manage to resolve a creature with devour, the opponent will always have: Terminate, Path to Exile, Terror or Eyeblight's Ending. If your creature doesn't have haste, then it dies to a sorcery speed removal. The new spell Maelstrom Pulse kills your goblin/saproling tokens for only 3 mana.

And this is why a Devour deck can't compete with others.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Kathari Bomber Reply with quote

alvaro202 wrote:
Wizards needs to stop making sets with 120 unplayable cards and like 20 god cards, pisses me off so much.

It pisses alot of people off. But Wizards realizes they make alot of money this way (you have to bust more packs to get anything good) and thus why they introduced Mythic Rares. Even more of a reason to have to bust more packs.

More packs = Fatter Wallet
Kilink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:
First of all, you have to sac it, that's why the card is bad. (even if it can actually hit the opponent)

Devour deck is based on a lot of small tokens right? Why does BW token deck have a chance vs anything running Volcanic Fallout? The answer is that it can make his tokens grow over X/2 and they are out of range. So if a devour deck can't make his tokens bigger than a fallout's damage, it'll be an auto loss vs anything running fallout.

Even if you manage to resolve a creature with devour, the opponent will always have: Terminate, Path to Exile, Terror or Eyeblight's Ending. If your creature doesn't have haste, then it dies to a sorcery speed removal. The new spell Maelstrom Pulse kills your goblin/saproling tokens for only 3 mana.

And this is why a Devour deck can't compete with others.

Sure, that will keep me from playing with my deck. I actually have the Devour Deck on Block Format and it's a deck I use to play my friends for the fun I never stated "I'm going to win the PTQ with my devour deck" but still don't worry I know this happens. In Standard on the other hand I'm running a Naya Aggro, I'll post the list at the end of the post.

For those who actually took time to answer the question, thank you. I already moved it out. I also thought it was an EXTREMELY bad card but sometimes cards I think are bad are actually good so I wanted to check.

Kilink's Naya Aggro

// Lands
2 [10E] Brushland
2 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
2 [10E] Karplusan Forest
6 [ALA] Mountain (4)
5 [ALA] Forest (3)
6 [ALA] Plains (1)

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Woolly Thoctar
4 [EVE] Figure of Destiny
3 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
3 [10E] Spark Elemental
3 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [SHM] Tattermunge Maniac
3 [ARB] Jund Hackblade
4 [ALA] Wild Nacatl

// Spells
4 [DD2] Incinerate
2 [ARB] Violent Outburst
3 [ARB] Glory of Warfare

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ARB] Blitz Hellion
SB: 3 [ARB] Uril, the Miststalker
SB: 3 [ARB] Retaliator Griffin
SB: 3 [10E] Guerrilla Tactics
SB: 3 [10E] Pyroclasm
shiZnits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon Fodder is better (But they both still suck)
Kilink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch_Raziel wrote:
Just in case you misinterpreted what I said, I wasnt harping on your deck, simply stating that the way you replied to the poster who said "there's a good devour deck?" was a cocky response on your part.

Don't worry I know it was really Cocky but that was a bad day and I know it's not anybody's fault but still, stuff happens. Anywho, Topic Closed...please?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2