Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lightning Reaver Versus Demigod of Revenge

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic

Lightning Reaver OR Demigod of Revenge?
Demigod of Revenge
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Lightning Reaver
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

shiZnits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Lightning Reaver Versus Demigod of Revenge Reply with quote

With Thought Hemorrhage, Anathemancer, Terminate and Lightning Reaver coming out in Alara Reborn we are sure to see a large increase in B/R decks. I am trying to figure out what would be a better addition to the deck the new Lightning Reaver or the old Demigod of Revenge?

I see it like this:

Demigod Pro's
-He's a 5/4
-He has flying, other than the heavily played Spectral Procession and Faeries he has no big problems.
-His ability is great.

Reaver's Pro's
-He cost 3BR
-He has fear, the heavily played Spectral Procession and Faeries is not a problem as well as other non-black fliers (lark, swans, etc...)

In my opinion for BR decks Demigod takes the cake. His mana cost should not be a problem for you and Volcanic Fallout/ Infest deals with Spectral Procession and Faeries. Reaver's ability is nice, but you are going to deal much more damage with a 5/4 and Demigod's ability can straight up win games. In a 3+ colored deck I can see Reaver being the better choice. BR decks are probably going to see a big rise in playability in which case the Lightning Reaver wouldn't be to good for the mirror.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by shiZnits on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Broodmate Dragon and Maelstrom pulse instead of either.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsorhombus wrote:
Play Broodmate Dragon and Maelstrom pulse instead of either.

Yeah, instead of that 5cc threat, use a 6cc threat and a 3cc removal of a different colour. You're a fucking idiot alsorhombus.

I think the new BR decks are going to have some decent game against 5c.

I think the new BR decks are going to lose to everything else.

Demigod is better.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seige gang is better bc of path
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1