Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

blightning w/ alara reborn

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Hem is very overrated imo, I would likely only sideboard them.
alvaro202

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow483 wrote:
shiZnit wrote:

alvaro202 wrote:
Terminates, if you insist on running them, should be side board, terror should be main board.

That is retarded.

Agreed. If this deck cannot make RB on turn 2, you've kept a bad hand. The only cards that come to mind that terminate can't deal with are colossus (which terror can't deal with either) and BFT (which can be played around for the most part).

The concept is simple. BFT ruins RB blightning aggro, terminate can't deal with it. You run 3 - 4 terror main, 3 - 4 deathmark in the sideboard. That way if you have an opponent that is using cards terror doesn't deal with, you have a sideboard that can replace the terrors with functional cards.

I have played with terminates in the past with a rough, non-formated deck and used it in match ups against kithkin. The card is very strong, but take into consideration what answer do you have to a forge tender if you run into one with a terminate in hand? People will say that the same problem occurs with a doran in play, doran isn't as much of a problem. You can still burn the main cards that make doran an issue, like rafiq, and you can mogg fanatic the birds of paradise and noble that puts doran into play before your able to deal with it. Your hasty 3/3 wither also contends well against cards like doran, but literally your whole deck falls apart against the forge tender. It is 100% worth it having mb terror over terminate, side board deathmark.

Also consider the amount of circumstances you will have to pain for 1 to cast a terminate where in a similar instance you will not have to pay life to play a terror. There is a lot of arguments that can be made for or against terminate, but I'm speaking from experience that terminate is auto lose against kithkin.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alvaro202 wrote:
shadow483 wrote:
shiZnit wrote:

alvaro202 wrote:
Terminates, if you insist on running them, should be side board, terror should be main board.

That is retarded.

Agreed. If this deck cannot make RB on turn 2, you've kept a bad hand. The only cards that come to mind that terminate can't deal with are colossus (which terror can't deal with either) and BFT (which can be played around for the most part).

The concept is simple. BFT ruins RB blightning aggro, terminate can't deal with it. You run 3 - 4 terror main, 3 - 4 deathmark in the sideboard. That way if you have an opponent that is using cards terror doesn't deal with, you have a sideboard that can replace the terrors with functional cards.

I have played with terminates in the past with a rough, non-formated deck and used it in match ups against kithkin. The card is very strong, but take into consideration what answer do you have to a forge tender if you run into one with a terminate in hand? People will say that the same problem occurs with a doran in play, doran isn't as much of a problem. You can still burn the main cards that make doran an issue, like rafiq, and you can mogg fanatic the birds of paradise and noble that puts doran into play before your able to deal with it. Your hasty 3/3 wither also contends well against cards like doran, but literally your whole deck falls apart against the forge tender. It is 100% worth it having mb terror over terminate, side board deathmark.

Also consider the amount of circumstances you will have to pain for 1 to cast a terminate where in a similar instance you will not have to pay life to play a terror. There is a lot of arguments that can be made for or against terminate, but I'm speaking from experience that terminate is auto lose against kithkin.

Except that you would have to be quite certain you run into maindeck BFTs for Terror to be worth a maindeck slot.

The sideboarded BFTs found in many decks could be answered by sideboard Terrors.
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I agree in putting Terror maindeck in Blightning. I play blightning for around 4 months now and see no reason why to take the terror's out of main in favor of the terminates.

I'm seeing to many forge-tenders maindecked, so only for that reason alone, you need the terrors.

Yes, it doesn't kill Doran, Sculler and other black stuff. But the only really annoying black creature is doran, because almost all the other creatures can be taken out with Fallout, Incinerate, Javelin etc. After siding you can always put in terminates to take care of these creatures...

My post-ARB list would be something like this:
// Creatures
4x Boggart Ram-Gang
4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Figure of Destiny
4x Hellspark Elemental
2x Anathemancer
2x Goblin Outlander

// Spells
4x Blightning
4x Flame Javelin
3x Terror
3x Volcanic Fallout
3x Incinerate
1x Banefire

// Lands
8x Mountain
4x Sulfurous Springs
4x Auntie's Hovel
4x Graven Cairns
2x Ghitu Encampment

// Sideboard
4x Everlasting Torment
3x Infest
3x Terminate
2x Goblin Outlander
2x Anathemancer
1x Terror

I like the maindeck banefire. If you don't like it, you could always play an extra Outlander or Anathemancer.

I wouldnt play Thought Hemorrhage because you want to deal a hell of a load of damage in an as short as possible time.

Lightning reaver and Siege-Gang are 5 mana drops which you do not want to play in this deck. The only viable 5 mana drop would be Demigod in my eyes... but then again, you don't want 5 mana drops, because they just slow you down Smile
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with no 5 drops. Siege gang is too good to pass up also demi sucks bc of path
alvaro202

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blighting and thought hemorrhage, as the previous posters pointed out, don't operate very well together. The way the game works out with blightning is that you turn 1 mogg/figure, turn 2 hit for 4 with hellspark, turn 3 either boggart, removal with flame jav, or incinerate terror and pump figure. Your turn 4 you spend casting blightning, pretty much never before turn 4 unless you have 2 blightning in hand, which turn 3 blightning into turn 4 blightning is really powerful.

You can try sideboarding 4 thought hemorrhage to replace blightning against certain slower decks. But you miss out on the turn 4 playing a spell if you are missing the 4th land drop, which happens every few games or so with this deck and its mana base. Thought hemorrhage is also a HORRIBLE card to top deck against nearly all decks. Top deck a TH against control, it's countered. Top deck it against elves / kithkin, they have no hand to hemorrhage. This is why some recent decklists have given up the 4 blightnings all together for 4 demigods or another more viable top deck card.

Blightning has a tendency to win you a game, or force you to lose hard. Thought hemorrhage will play out nearly the same, but the tendency of the card to force you into failing at destroying your opponent is much higher than any other card you can opt to play.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2