Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Asylum Rant - Rant 10 - Dear WOTC... Fuck You.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If WOTC feels unable to profit with sites like ML around, then I hope they do everything they can to shut us down. I would rather only have IRL magic than no magic at all.
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would keep playing also, just not got the time these days, college, revision, work, family, no time to myself atm. Just come onto this site and check out the new updates every now and then, hope everything is going well.

And WOTC are idiots, I get all my info from this site, I never buy cards without testing a deck on here first, I don't have the money to buy MOnline, plus it's also a shitty client.
georgjorge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought experiment...if this site really would go down, and all the M-Lers would move on to MtGTemple, or a new site, how many years would it take WotC to realize it and send them a letter as well ?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-L will not go down. A new league would grow within 6 months max.
nyth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: craze's righteous rant Reply with quote

i believe that craze is correct on all fronts. Wizards has no right to stop m-l or any text based program that can mirror or copy their own. They have virtually no legal standing to give them grounds for a lawsuit.

I do not get into many tourneys (i have a wife and 2 daughters now) and my time is limited. If this were not the case, I would happily start judging again (back in the day tempest era, I was a local judge in the nyc area). But, life has not dealt me those cards (as it were).

I recently started playing with mws again, and am looking forward to some drafts and myos tourneys. I also agree that more formats should be supported (I am a casual player in all formats), and that if nothing else can be accomplished, new blood should take control of the league. Especially younger players with more time and energy to give to a great website.

As has been said many times, "The only constant in life is change.".
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:

Why is craze your hero? He's incredibly lame. You see him saying things like "omg i'm gonna rally the troops" or "M-L needs a wake up call" in an incredibly contrived and stupid rant that places way too much importance on a website that really is just a place to play free magic. Obviously I think what wizards is doing is rubbish and obviously I'm going to be mad about it, but how mad I am about should be proportional to how big of an issue it is. To craze, whose life is ruined, this means "rallying the troops" and posting idiotic, idealistic, preachy rants on the forum. I'm fine with people trying to make intelligent arguments for why M-L shouldn't go down - I'm not fine with people who think it's the end of the world.

See what floors me Wiley is that you dislike me soo much but seem to know soo little about me. You make it out like I'm Dakkon or something and this is my all my life is or whatever. But in truth, and you'd know this if you ever actually bothered to try to get in know me, my overall activity in this league has dwindled down greatly over the last few years. Yes, maybe when I was in High School I was on here a whole lot, but it's been a few years since I've been here that much and even cared that much.
I'm on irc maybe 4 times a week, maxing a few hours each time. I have a 60 hour a-week civilian job, a military job, and a whole lot of family that I either take care of or spend time with. So the league shutting down, not the end of the world for me. Hell, it probably won't upset me for more then a few hours.

The reason I wrote this rant was because derflippi and Roo, two of my irc friends asked me too. I've been on ML for over 5 years now. I have alot of friends, and generally like the community. So yeah, I wanna see it grow and get better. And if making a big corny motivational speech will get people talking about what needs to be talked about, then I'm going to do it.
Honestly Wiley, if you would try being reasonable sometime, we might actually get along.

RavensEffect wrote:
his league has been going to shits for a long time now, with the server always going down, trials always up late, and now this with Wizards. I'm not going to repeat what he said about Wizards not having the right to sue ML because thats been brought up a lot already, but I think that what he said could not have been more true yesterday when the Master was cancelled and no one even knew why. You just had the TC's saying "yeah the masters cancelled, sorry, stop bitching about it." C'mon, thats bullshit, what about the people like me who played through 7 rounds of a Trial to get a bye and then you get told to "stop bitching about no master" after you skipped going to church so you could play in the damn thing?

Heres an interesting fact, the staff members and tcs of the canceled master didn't even find out it was canceled until minutes before you did. Thats how retarded the whole situation was. When half the staff is out of the loop and basically useless(not that they don't want to do something, they just can't) it leads to these problems. The lower staff(Gfo, derflippi, nikinight) can't/won't do anything without the permission of the upper staff(Koen, nico, dirkjan) And when are they ever even around? The league is at a standstill and when it's like this things like this last master being just suddenly canceled or trials starting too early/late happen. And then everyone loses.

Quote:
I do kind of agree that Craze's comments were kind of silly and childish...

You may think that, but let me ask you something, what part of this entire thing ISN'T silly and childish?

I was asked to make a rant about whats going on. Maybe because people listen to what I have to say or hell maybe because guys like Wiley hate me(a little too much perhaps) enough to draw more attention to it. Hell maybe both. And people do read these things, if just to flame me for them. And this is where it starts. Call it childish, tell me I'm too wrapped up in it even. But one of us has to say "Hey this is wrong, we need to change this." Because if we don't say it, who will?

coolcreep wrote:
If WOTC feels unable to profit with sites like ML around, then I hope they do everything they can to shut us down. I would rather only have IRL magic than no magic at all.

The economy is in a huge recession. WoTC is gonna lose money no matter what. Whats sad is that this just makes it more so. ML tends to make more people attend PTQs by giving them more opportunities to test and more confidence to want to travel to them. By killing ML, you kill alot of the players who only go because they feel that confidence they get from here. Even more so you piss alot of people off and turn them off of the game.

Not that it even matters. As I said before, Wizards has no case against ML. And the whole C&D is just ridiculous. I can tell you right now that ML isn't going anywhere.

georgjorge wrote:
Just a thought experiment...if this site really would go down, and all the M-Lers would move on to MtGTemple, or a new site, how many years would it take WotC to realize it and send them a letter as well ?

mtgtemple is dead by the way. The owners Lordhawk and Coboney retired it a little while ago because they just didn't have the time for it.

Last edited by Craze on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparx7494

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtg temple alive...
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Craze, you took me completely out of context when you quoted what I wrote about you. Actually I was defending you to Wiley, and saying that at this moment when Magic League needs a speech like that, that your remarks were correct and warranted. So yeah anyway, is there any word of getting trials/mini's rolling again?
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensEffect wrote:
Lol Craze, you took me completely out of context when you quoted what I wrote about you. Actually I was defending you to Wiley, and saying that at this moment when Magic League needs a speech like that, that your remarks were correct and warranted. So yeah anyway, is there any word of getting trials/mini's rolling again?

minis are being played no word on trials/masters to my knowledge tho
bravesirobin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with craze, wotc being dicks. just keep on trucking to make ml better imo. that c&d maked me laugh so hard i printed it off for my law prof who also plays magic and he almost pissed him self laughing.
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you need girlfriends.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a doll and before that I had a dog, she just loves licking up icecream of anything really.

Last edited by OldBear on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: is change coming? Reply with quote

i heard about a rally to magic-league thru a friend so i came back.. and i see this wow awesome. i hope to see some "change".
leonin5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope & Change!
Tradewinds

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole c&d issue actually was a great advertisement for magic-league, so when there is a time for m-l to flourish, then now!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3