Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mindlock Lark

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
unwadetrout

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Mindlock Lark Reply with quote

Mindlock Lark

4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Maralen of the Mornsong
4 Mulldrifter
4 Reveillark
2 Wall of Reverence
2 Sower of Temptation
3 Glen Elendra Archmage
1 Mistmeadow Witch

4 Cryptic Command
4 Path to Exile
1 Mindlock Orb
3 Esper Charm

4 Arcane Sanctum
3 Vivid Creek
3 Island
2 Swamp
1 Plains
4 Reflecting Pool
3 Fetid Heath
2 Sunken Ruins
2 Mystic Gate

Sideboard:
3 Mirror Entity
4 Clone
3 Wrath of God
1 Pithing Needle
2 Sower of Temptation
2 Wall of Reverence

I'll go into more depth on the card choices and Match-ups in the near future but I don't have that much time right now so I am just going to throw the list out there. I take no credit from the deck just stole it online as it one some tourney and I am just seeing what people think of it.
Thanks for your help,
UT
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with this deck is maralen herself. This lets an opponent search up any answer he or she needs to overcome whatever you have played

the problem with the biggest decks in the meta:

RDW/Blighting/Aggro: they deal damage quick and taking 3 a turn in crucial against you. they will search for a big burn spell or a haste creature or a fattie and blow you away

5cc: going to search up either a crual, a wipe or a counter to make you waste 3 life

Faeries: Mistbind clique, nough said

i could go into every deck but i think you get it. Now you don't have to worry if there threat will come out, it's what threat will come out
unwadetrout

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah. I have not been able to test it myself but my good friend Mushmellow gave me the list. It said it was pretty strong he gave me a hint on how to play it. Mindlock Orb + Maralen of the Mornsong= No more cards. Basically, you don't just drop Maralen. You want to make sure you have counter back up against there spell etc. and then search a Orb and lock them in and you can beat them once there is a standstill with card advantage from larks and witch and sower wall etc so it ends up working pretty nice I think. Not sure if it needs more orb. I guess you just have to give the deck a try and see how it plays out.
~UT
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy my deck why don't ya... You need more than 1 orb as well as a card called cofelnors plans
unwadetrout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tird_Ape wrote:
Copy my deck why don't ya... You need more than 1 orb as well as a card called cofelnors plans

What's your list?
unwadetrout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Silence is the stern reply. THIS IS METABREAKER.

QED
originalaks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its very slow with not many answers to fast aggro, honestly the maralen/mindlock combo hurts you just as much as it hurts them and it takes a good hand to be able to win after putting it down it would be better if you just made it a lark deck
unwadetrout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know prolly a bad idea. Its just like random crap maybe win once in a hundred might be cool. Thanks for your help. Long live thought (whether good nor bad knowledge is what helps us grow as a species)!!!
alvaro202

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played against this deck with aggro before. Depending on the way the deck is constructed it can do well against aggro. It's weaknesses are

Blightning (which is counter able)
Faeries (lack of field control)

The build that is listed by the OP is a pretty poor list. You do NOT need 4 reveillark, 2 or 3 tops. You do need 2 Colfenors plans, 2 mindlock orb, and 2 - 3 maralen of mournsong. (her as a 4 of is just... useless)

Wall of Reverence is side board at best. 4th turn playing that is pretty much doom against an good aggro deck, it will be killed / removed from play and your face will get smashed with to much damage to recover from. Sower of temptation is side board, really weak card to play in a reveilark deck with so many people playing volcanic fallout.

esper charm is a 4 of, wrath of god is a must (2 in main with 2 in side) 2 mana removal (terror mainboard, agony warp / celestial purge in sideboard)

countersquall is a strong mainboard card (stronger than glen elendra archmage actually) The archmage is very much a sideboard card, again because of volcanic fallout being uncounter able and overplayed. She is great against 5cc, but pretty weak against everything else.

Clone : NO
Mirror Entity : NO
pithing needle... possible

Jace is amazing in this deck. So is, amazingly, punish ignorance.

The decks main theme is to get your opponent to dump their hand to about 3 cards, with you getting a mindlock orb into play. Once you have them with a few cards, you can force a lock by putting maralen into play. If they do not have an answer for her it is generally game over. You still have jace, mulldrifter, esper charm, counter and removal to help you keep the game stable until you can play a colfenors plans, which literally means you win.

The lock can and does happen, but what makes the deck great is it can still win without the 6 - 7 cards that comprise the lock. Don't knock it till you try it, its a pretty solid deck to play.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why oh why oh why oh why oh WHY(!!!) is anyone intrigued by this??
unwadetrout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alvaro202 wrote:
I've played against this deck with aggro before. Depending on the way the deck is constructed it can do well against aggro. It's weaknesses are

Blightning (which is counter able)
Faeries (lack of field control)

The build that is listed by the OP is a pretty poor list. You do NOT need 4 reveillark, 2 or 3 tops. You do need 2 Colfenors plans, 2 mindlock orb, and 2 - 3 maralen of mournsong. (her as a 4 of is just... useless)

Wall of Reverence is side board at best. 4th turn playing that is pretty much doom against an good aggro deck, it will be killed / removed from play and your face will get smashed with to much damage to recover from. Sower of temptation is side board, really weak card to play in a reveilark deck with so many people playing volcanic fallout.

esper charm is a 4 of, wrath of god is a must (2 in main with 2 in side) 2 mana removal (terror mainboard, agony warp / celestial purge in sideboard)

countersquall is a strong mainboard card (stronger than glen elendra archmage actually) The archmage is very much a sideboard card, again because of volcanic fallout being uncounter able and overplayed. She is great against 5cc, but pretty weak against everything else.

Clone : NO
Mirror Entity : NO
pithing needle... possible

Jace is amazing in this deck. So is, amazingly, punish ignorance.

The decks main theme is to get your opponent to dump their hand to about 3 cards, with you getting a mindlock orb into play. Once you have them with a few cards, you can force a lock by putting maralen into play. If they do not have an answer for her it is generally game over. You still have jace, mulldrifter, esper charm, counter and removal to help you keep the game stable until you can play a colfenors plans, which literally means you win.

The lock can and does happen, but what makes the deck great is it can still win without the 6 - 7 cards that comprise the lock. Don't knock it till you try it, its a pretty solid deck to play.

Did you imply that you can draw cards from Mulldrifter post Lock? You can't draw cards but you can Plans post lock to get 7 but then your limited to one a turn which is okay?

WHAT"S YOUR LISt. Also, mine is probably better b/c the closer this ideck stays to a tier 1 lark deck the better Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1