Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About the RW cruise deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
gwapings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: About the RW cruise deck Reply with quote

i know the deck has a lot of variations. the main problem i face is when i play against guys who use kithkin. its seems to be really fast and i can't catch up. here's my decklist and give your insights please.

4 Rugged Prairie
4 Battlefield Forge
2 Reflecting Pool
4 Windbrisk Heights
5 Plains
3 Mountain
2 Mutavault

1 Flamekin Harbinger
1 Burrenton Forge-Tender
3 Mogg Fanatic
4 Figure of Destiny
3 Ranger of Eos
3 Knight of the White Orchid
3 Knight of Meadowgrain
3 Siege-Gang Commander
3 Reveillark
4 Ajani Vengeant
4 Path to Exile
4 Spectral Procession

Sideboard

2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
2 Wrath of God
2 Banefire XR
3 Stillmoon Cavalier
3 Volcanic Fallout 1RR
3 Guttural Response

the deck is not as easy to play as it seems. can you also advise me on how to sideboard properly. ML has vast knowhow about this deck so i know i'll get good responses. thanks guys.
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have problems beating kithkins? How come you are'nt busy trying to kill off walls, and stop glen's and reveilarks.
Rath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you currently sideboarding? This might give me some insight on why you're losing this matchup. I was having the same problem with Kithkin, but a lot of playtesting made it a better matchup.
Araeliz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm

Last edited by Araeliz on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kithkin is rly good vs boat brew as ur deck just does nothing while they keep playing good creatures to ur slower ones, if they have a slow start u should win but other than that its hard
IvanDano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the difficulty you find in kithkin is similar to that of b/w where they have the benefit of a boost in power and toughness...especially in the use of Anthem and Cenn in their case...

I think your best bet would be to try out Balefire Liege...
hitting your opp and gaining life are great at putting back the pressure given by a kithkin assault...plus your creatures get a pump too...

And it's a great hideaway card, useable throughout and Lark redeemable...

Also I noticed you don't use Mind Stone...that may help speed you up a bit...

GL and hope it helps...
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur, i played a RW with a kith in a mini yesterday and it was a fairly even matchup until balefire liege, not only did he pump up all the tokens and crap on the board, but he took my ajani out while playing more cards I still have problems with RW and i play Kith in RL, so i'm kinda glad that people think we are really fast Razz
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you playtest you should be playing every major deck in your meta vs your deck. After you do that, play the other decks vs your deck to see what makes them tick. This way you understand how it works.

So if you are playing Cruise and you are having trouble with Kithkin, play Kithkin vs your deck. Knowing how they win shows you how to win in turn.
gwapings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the info guys. can anyone tell me though how to properly side. i dont know which pieces should stay and go for the kithkin matchup.. thanks again.
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the best plan is to side like this if you are on the draw.

-3 Knight of the White Orchid
-1 Burrenton Forge-Tender
-1 Flamekin Harbringer
-3 Mogg Fanatic
-1 Ajani Vengeant

+2 Wrath of God
+3 Stillmoon
+3 Volcanic Fallout
+1 Banefire

If you are on the play then it is differant.

-1 Burrenton Forge-Tender
-3 Mogg Fanatic

+3 Stillmoon Cav
+1 Banefire

The reason that you side so differantly on the draw or on the play is; You are now the control player on the draw, You have lost tempo but gained card advantage, you need to gain more card advantage to regain the lost tempo in the middle game.

If you are on the play you are the aggro player and need to disrupt their defence with Stillmoons. The Banefire is to randomly steal a game from them that you should lose. Also it's removal. Removal is very good vs them.
gwapings

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you thank you thank you! i never understood that principle until somebody explained it to me Very Happy you guys rock! R3wind, thanks for the tip!
canibal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play 4 stillmoons in sb because they are awsome. Simply.
I play also 2 banefires main. They are great vs any deck to finnish it (especially against 5cc) and it is an early removal.
I think you have too many 2cc drops. 2nd turn is also good for pumping figure.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1