Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solid IRC Discussion (Continued)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Zuzarte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

"The reason is not that it's Portugal, it's that Pyy is portuguese."

"Banned - we'll not longer deal with abuse from that country - bye"

lololol

anyway Pyy registed a nick (Cookie) and a channel (mtg.fr) and ban evaded a lot of times.. so I dont see how can he harms solidirc that much..

this is highly xenophobic from the solidirc staff and an outrage to all portuguese community.
Zuzarte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

oh and btw many .pt can join solidirc so i dont see how can this solve any problem..
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sofa0King

Why the hell do you keep making these stupid ass topics, your a noob. Quit pretending you've been around enough to anything...seriously.

Also, I would like to remind people that Solidirc is NOT Magic-League. ML has representation on the server staff, but the big boss of the server is Phantomal, who doesn't even play mtg.
So theres really nothing ML can do about the ban, outside moving servers. Which won't happen because the extremely good relationship the league has with the server.

All in all, who is really hurting that much from this ban? It's not like zip codes and/or regions have not been entirely banned before. Just Deal With It.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf craze? It is a big deal. Even if just one guy had been unfairly banned that's already a big deal. An entire country? That's just stupid.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the bottom line:

If we did not put a stop to Pyy's actions the result would have been akin to letting a kid loose in an empty house with a flamethrower. This would have been worse than ZenthForbias' nickstealing escapade back when we first moved across to here. The ban has been put into place so we don't have to deal with everyone yelling at staff for not doing anything about Pyy later.

I cannot speak for the rest of SolidIRC staff, but I personally am doing my best in trying to develop a solution for this so that we can lift this ban.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know why pyy managed to ban evade so much. Some of those weren't probably ban evades. A guy I know told me that pyy told him to join the chat as pyy and spam the solidirc guys. That guy didn't do it but maybe he asked more friends to do that and some of them accepted.
Laplie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is, Magic-League did actually ban .PT once. It was because of a judge test incident where the entire .pt chan were exchanging questions and asking for answers when they were taking the test.... No one remembers that though.
Shindeiru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Just because Pyy and pnk did awful things doesnt mean the hole country should be banned... I just think thats racism at best.

So please unban Portugal, your issue is with Pyy not with the hole country. The others dont have to take with the consequences of an act from a 13 year old kid.

But hey thats just me.

TugaChampion até se pode processar por o que está a ser feito, mas espero que seja resolvido.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBends: The issue is that Pyy's actions if we let them reign free damage the network as a whole. That is why we banned the entire .pt subnet. It isn't racism at all; it's making sure that we keep the network running smoothly.[/quote]
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laplie wrote:
The funny thing is, Magic-League did actually ban .PT once. It was because of a judge test incident where the entire .pt chan were exchanging questions and asking for answers when they were taking the test.... No one remembers that though.

Laplie I do remember that. And what you said isn't completly true. I think it was Ringman doing the test and like 2 or 3 other guys where helping him out. I think I was online but I was afk the whole time. I only found out about it later when I was banned. The reason you guys banned most .pts (not all, a few could still join) was because ringman ban evaded. At the time I felt that was incorrect because like I said it's better to let 10 criminals go unpunished than 1 innocent go punished. But still we could join the IRC and those who weren't banned could simply /q "opp's nick" and play like that. And the ban had a specific duration not like this lifetime ban.

Now I'm one of the few from that time that still plays regularly here. You can accuse me of being an **** but if there's something I'm sure I can't be accused is being a cheater.
Shindeiru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Weed Reply with quote

Okay i understand that this is just a temporary situation that solidirc is trying to resolve.

I understand that banning al .pt is easier, because its almost impossible por Pyy to enter, but they gotta come up with another solution Smile.
JKilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a better solution, TugaChampion since you know him in real life, abduct PYY and keep him hostage in your basement then he won't be able to cause any more trouble and you will get to play Laughing
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again SolidIRC banned pyy and the rest of you not M-L. Magic-League can't unban .pt because the ban is server wide not just in #magic-league. To anyone stupid enough to say this is racist don't be a moron. They didn't ban you because your country is small they had to ban everyone because your country is small. If someone in the US was acting up they could ban by location (example they could ban all atlanta if they needed too). Sounds like other idiots were helping him ban evade and spam, don't blame M-L or SolidIRC blame them.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:
wtf craze? It is a big deal. Even if just one guy had been unfairly banned that's already a big deal. An entire country? That's just stupid.

From what I have found out, Pyy did something insanely stupid that would of hurt the entire server (not giving any more details then that). Basically Solidirc Staff had to try cutting an arm off to stop a disease on a finger, if that metaphor makes sense. They couldn't allow Pyy to remain there without him potentially doing what he was going to do. So they server banned him, he kept evading the ban, so they had to ban the entire .pt. That sucks for those banned, but is ultimately worth it for those saved.
Fact is, it's just a lose-lose situation and while it sucks to be you who have been banned, you just gotta live with it. Weedmonkey and a few others are trying to find an alternate solution, but until one is found your all just gonna have to do something in RL for a while.

PS. If I were one of you who knew Pyy irl, the kid would have a few black eyes right now.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just cut off the finger? seriously if I had something wrong with my finger and they cut off my entire arm because of it I would sue.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3