Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solid IRC Discussion (Continued)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Sofa0King

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Solid IRC Discussion (Continued) Reply with quote

[ Note: Everyone, please act mature ]

Solid IRC is a very reliable company. In the entire time that M-L is up, I would say the chat crashes an average of 4 times a year.

It's just a little bit messed up that they would ban an entire country because of one idiot. I wonder why all of America hasn't been banned yet (or Brazil =D hehehe).

This makes me wonder, what is Pyy really messing up? Is it something that will physically harm someone or something? No one has really been talking much about what he did, but I'm sure it's irrelevent anyways.

At any rate, if I could offer advice to the Solid IRC network, it would be to take legal action on the individual for harassment instead of shutting out access to an entire nation.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't you seen enough locked topics yet?

lol legal action. maybe it will get to the supreme court
Manipulation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly did PYY do? I've never seen him on irc.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyy's actions were...idiotic at best. His actions were harming the network as a whole. After being initially banned, he continued to evade our bans, which has resulted in SolidIRC staff banning the entire .pt subnet to prevent any chance of him reconnecting short of...radical measures.

Currently, staff are trying to figure out a feasible solution to the Pyy problem so that we can let .pt back in, but keep Pyy out. Pyy was that disruptive to the network that staff have stepped in and made such a wide-ranging ban.

I have deliberately omitted specific details leading to his initial ban because I am not at liberty to discuss these at the moment, but I have tried to provide as much detail as I am allowed to so that everyone understands why such drastic measures have been put into place.

I hope everyone understands why this has been done, and that we are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible.
Bullet4myVal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can they use the website to get in the chat or no?
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They cannot. Whether it's the M-L Java client, SolidIRC Webchat, Mibbit Webclient or another webclient, they will not be able to connect so long as the ban remains in place.
Bullet4myVal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant they just use an ip mask from a different country?
Diablo49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi...
i'm portuguese and i want play in m-l and i can't

i think that pyy should be ban forever...

i don't envolved in this situation and i'm being damaged...and i don't have fault

resolve this situation plz

thank you

cya
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo49 wrote:
hi...

i don't envolved in this situation and i'm being damaged...and i don't have fault

thank you

cya

I think the problem is that Pyy IS banned forever, on multiple accounts, but is still trying to fuck things up by evading the bans.

You can play in m-l without solid-irc, though. Just enter tournaments on the m-l site and create a game on the chosen server with a proper join message.
Diablo49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
Diablo49 wrote:
hi...

thank you

cya

I think the problem is that Pyy IS banned forever, on multiple accounts, but is still trying to fuck things up by evading the bans.

You can play in m-l without solid-irc, though. Just enter tournaments on the m-l site and create a game on the chosen server with a proper join message.

but i need go to the chat to speak with my oponents

cya
Flaxh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

I'm portuguese too and I know Pyy irl.

He's a little boy that has a lot of behaviour problems. At #portugal we try to help him but it doesn't work so I agree with his ban. However, it should be a temporary ban (2/3 months?) cause I believe he will eventualy grow up and learn how things work.

I don't know the Solidirc staff but this is how kids resolve things! They acted like this cause Portugal is just another little country. If Pyy was English or American, I don't see them banning all the .uk and .us addresses.

I know that ML has nothing to do with this but I hope you can help us.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. There's a portuguese guy that's more famous than me in m-l now!

I know him irl too. I don't know what a little boy can do that harms so much the server but it surely pissed them off.

The only thing they did wrong was banning the whole country. It's just stupid. In my view of justice it's better to let 10 criminals go unpunished than 1 innocent person getting punished. I hope they're banning everyone just as a temporary solution.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole Quebec was banned a while ago. Quebec has only 2.000.000 citizen less than Portugal. The reason is not that it's Portugal, it's that Pyy is portuguese.
tonybello1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG this is insane... how can a boy (13 years old) perform such damage that put entirely .pt out of m-l? Just could be one thing or this guy is a fucking genious or a fucking stupid... Choose one!

For me it's a fucking stupid...

Pyy és mm panasca lol fodeste esta merda e agora tamos fodidos! Já sabes vais levar nas trombas qd tiver ctg...

Tugachampion you are no long the portuguese more hated in m-l

Bye you all!
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that pyy is a fucking faggot!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3