Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

children of korlis vs tendrils

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
baz9980

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: children of korlis vs tendrils Reply with quote

my opponent tendrils me, Storm= 9. I am at twenty life. Can i sac my children of korlis, stacking it so that it goes in between the eigth and ninth copy to gain 18 life?
Manipulation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sacrifice it when the 8th copy resolves, before the ninth, you will gain 16 life, then lose 2 more, putting you at 18.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 life there are a total of 10
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he won't gain 18 by sacrificing it before the ninth resolves.

If he on the other hand sacrifices it -after- the ninth copy, before the original resolves, he will gain 18 life.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yes, you can save yourself from Tendrils of Agony with Children of Korlis. How much life you regain depends on how many copies you let resolve, but the principle works.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i.e. get the storm to 18 if your opp has some kids to sacrfice.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a terrible answer to Storm. It can be echoing thruth like pillar, canonist and desire but the storm player can also combo without any worries and get a huge enough storm count to kill you twice or get echoing thruth from desire. With Canonist that's impossible, with Teeg he can't play desire or tendrils and with pillar he has a limited amount of spells he can play before finding echoing truth.

So really that's not a good solution against TEPS.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not it's a good solution was not the question. Only if it worked or not.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1