Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Domain Bant Aggro

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Domain Bant Aggro Reply with quote

I just wanted to post a list that may be a good choice for block. The Naya match is a little hard. That's why I have the heavy removal sideboard. Countersquall and Voices from the Void make the 5 Color Control match a breeze.

I side out vs control like this. -4 Noble Hierarch. You really do not need 8 turn one plays vs 5 Color control. The deck is so effin' slow. -4 Tidehollow Sculler. Most of the time vs 5 Color Control this is not a turn two play. They can respond with Volcanic Fallout, Path to Exile, or even Magma Spray. -1 Ranger of Eos. If you are taking out 50% of your one casting cost creatures then you do not need 4 of him. Plus Ranger of Eos is weak vs Volcanic Fallout and Magma Spray. You still want three of Ranger of Eos in the deck as he tutors for double Wild Nacatl. All of this makes you better vs Infest and Volcanic Fallout.

+3 Countersquall
+3 Blightning
+3 Voices of the Void

So now you have a crazy discard threat vs 5 Color Control. The Countersqual is for extra protection from Cruel Ultimatum, Kiss of the Amesha, and Violent Ultimatum.

Total discard spells;

4 Esper Charm
3 Blighting
3 Voices of the Void
3 Tidehollow Sculler (think of him as temporary disruption)

Total counterspells;

4 Bant Charm
4 Cancel
3 Countersquall

// Lands
4 [ALA] Bant Panorama
4 [ALA] Grixis Panorama
4 [ALA] Island (3)
4 [ALA] Plains (4)
4 [ALA] Forest (1)
2 [ALA] Swamp (1)
2 [ALA] Mountain (3)

// Creatures
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
4 [ALA] Wild Nacatl
4 [ALA] Tidehollow Sculler
4 [ALA] Rhox War Monk
4 [ALA] Ranger of Eos
3 [ALA] Rafiq of the Many

// Spells
4 [ALA] Bant Charm
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
4 [ALA] Cancel
1 [CFX] Banefire

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [CFX] Path to Exile
SB: 3 [CFX] Countersquall
SB: 3 [ALA] Blightning
SB: 3 [CFX] Voices from the Void
SB: 2 [ALA] Grixis Charm

So how do I not lose vs Naya aggro or the mirror match?
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... thats a lot of counterspells for an agro deck...Also, with the deck being "domain" bant, why not include Matca Rioters?
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to tell you the truth. There is not any more room for the Rioters. Overall Rhox War Monk is better. Getting a turn two Rhox War Monk vs Naya keeps you in the game.
ProsekDan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build it with ziggurat and some tri-lands,
you need paths main
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are aware that if they respond to your sculler with the ability on the stack, the ability still happens and they simply never get there card back.
asamodious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
You are aware that if they respond to your sculler with the ability on the stack, the ability still happens and they simply never get there card back.

Yeah, if you play sculler and they magma spray it in response, just do a fist pump in your head cause you basically just won.
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so R3, i have been playing your deck for a couple days now and i have found these things about it:

1. It needs Armillary Sphere. Without it, you will always be digging for the colors you need
2. More swamps. Your Sideboard is consistant of 10 cards that need black, but you only run 2 swamps. If you get no fetches, you need to make it more consistent

3. Don't go for the 3 color lands. This destroys domains goal. i say, put more fetches in for the smaller colors, even put the jund one in so you have grixis/jund for RB. I know this will hurt your tempo, but it will help out in the long game

4.courier's capsule: Needed. Period. You need to get the best cards of the best colors out quickly, and with only 1 piece of draw power this deck can run short quickly.

5. Banefire: up it to atleast 3 or lose the 1-off. It's such a powerful card versus control because without swerve, they can get hit with game winning results.

6. Drop Cancel. Yes, in block it's a fantastic card, but not in this deck. With so much creature bouncing/rfg power, you can let them come in and others your squall will eat up. i think this spot could go to macta riders just perfectly.

I took your deck as a basic archetype and put my own playing style to it. This is what i came up with:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ALA] Bant Panorama
4 [ALA] Grixis Panorama
4 [ALA] Island (3)
3 [ALA] Plains (4)
3 [ALA] Forest (1)
3 [ALA] Swamp (1)
2 [ALA] Mountain (3)
1 [ALA] Jund Panorama

// Creatures
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
4 [ALA] Wild Nacatl
4 [ALA] Rhox War Monk
4 [ALA] Ranger of Eos
3 [ALA] Rafiq of the Many
3 [CFX] Matca Rioters

// Spells
4 [ALA] Bant Charm
3 [ALA] Esper Charm
3 [CFX] Armillary Sphere
4 [CFX] Path to Exile

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [CFX] Countersquall
SB: 2 [ALA] Blightning
SB: 3 [CFX] Voices from the Void
SB: 3 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [ALA] Naturalize
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1