Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] BW protect+burn deck

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Excessive draw could make me discard.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard (ok, maybe not, but still). Draw more cards=good, even if you have to discard some lands.

Wall of Reverence is very good in this meta, and survives your sweepers.

I was about to say "add some planeswalkers", but I see you have Ajani there. It's not a creature! Smile
Maksym

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I see the relevance of Paladin en-Vec in a meta where volcanic fallouts are dominating, I would suggest finding some room for stillmoon cavalier. The protection against white is very relevant for path to exile, bant charm, etc. It can also carry entire entire games vs black white tokens, and bant aggro when you have 2 out or 1 with a loxodon warhammer.

Since you have pyroclasms AND fallouts maindeck I would say that you should probably but stillmoon into sideboard but otherwise I think it is a really good card and worthwhile a spot in the side.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you are having to discard cards due to card draw and generating no more actual advantage out of it in terms of number. Your still getting card selection and closer to your next releveant top deck because of it. Which is why what ludz said is correct its not as if your in any danger of decking yourself.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing your mind is fine its much smarter than people who obstantly defend an idea which is clearly wrong and end up suffering even more for it. Like Mr Bush and Blair did.
The_Duck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha, you DON'T want the Firespout to hit your SWANS?!

BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT MORE THAN 7 CARDS AT THE END OF YOUR TURN?!

HAHAHAHAHHA!

Go play your first game of Magic, then come back here. You gap-toothed, back woods cousin fucker hill billy.
Zoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

One of the most immature and insulting posts I have ever seen. Congrats The_Duck.
zeratul734

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definately add wall of reverence, and cut the warhammer count to 2 or 1. They are nice, but also expensive; you don't usually want more than one. Besides, you're getting lifegain out of both brion stoutarm and ajani.

I like the deck. The first few drops make it look harmless, but when you fallout and none of your cards die, jaws drop for sure. It's one of those decks where to make it better, you'd have to change the way it plays.

Basically, you should probably cut down on the cards with protection just a little bit. Six, maybe 8 max (not including swans, you want the card draw from fallouts/clasms. I would also probably cut the spouts, unless you do want to splash green for air too. Maybe:
-2 cho-manno
-1 warhammer
-3 firespout

+3 wall of reverence
+3 reveillark (this needs to go main)

Try that out, see if that helps offset the life loss; it seems like more of a tempo-oriented deck, and larks + wall of reverence seem like excellent cards to go along with that theme.

Good luck!
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swan/Pariah question- Your opponent will draw. The Pariah redirects, but your opponent is still the source. If you take damage from something like a Battlefield Forge, you will draw a card. Or if you deal damage to it from a spell/effect.

As for the having to discard eot, Reliquary Tower. I dropped one in my U/R Swans deck and have good results.
Other than that you can play Seismic Assault. Those extra lands become free shocks. If you have a Swan in play you can also refill/filter your hand.

That new enchantment that prevents all non-combat damage to creatures you control been tested at all?
zeratul734

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
That new enchantment that prevents all non-combat damage to creatures you control been tested at all?

all his creatures have protection anyway, plus that would be detrimental considering the swans.
Thanik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Duck wrote:
Hahahahaha, you DON'T want the Firespout to hit your SWANS?!

BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT MORE THAN 7 CARDS AT THE END OF YOUR TURN?!

HAHAHAHAHHA!

Go play your first game of Magic, then come back here. You gap-toothed, back woods cousin fucker hill billy.

You should consider a career change. If you didn't take it up the ass all day for a living, you would be in a much better mood when you got home and started posting on forums.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said before, the Pariah only redirects the damage to your creature. The source of the damage does not change. You would think you would be able to put that into thought when asking this second question.
jotac1986

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man in to take care of the in hand cards excess, you can play reliquary tower!!! try it Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2