Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Schedule/Timer

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
darksigma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Problem with Schedule/Timer Reply with quote

I have been playing this week events (trials and master) and since dst the timer has gone crazy, resulting in events that starts at the CET scheduled hour and others that starts at the american scheduled hour depending on who tc's it.
This is a big problem because for CET players you have to come 1 hour b4 the scheduled hour to see if it will start 1 hour before scheduled or not, and u can't leave because an american TC could come and start it right away because he thinks it should have already started.

I think there should be an announcement saying that:

A) Every tournament starts at american hour, so -1 for CET scheduled hour.

or

B) Every tournament starts at CET hour, so +1 for americans.

At least this way we will know when to come for trials and masters, until they fix the timer.

Thanks.
Maksym

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I agree, however I am not sure if they will actually do something along those lines.
Delicious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what should happen is:

Magic league should take a week IP survey and see where most of people are from (my guess would be eastern America) and have all tourneys start at that time.

Just because a lot of European players complain about the time, doesn't mean we should switch it from there
ssilver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not an issue of what time the trials are at, but whether they are consistent.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs to chill out cuz the DST does this to M-L start times for about a month after the DST switches. US players are lagged 1 hour cuz of this cuz the US DST goes into effect about a month before the rest of the world for some unknown reason.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1