Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie challenges The great knowledge

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Y2Sky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bant aggro lists that have been floating around are a good start to work towards. In addition, they have a playstyle that works well for new players (play big guys and beat face). They also feature more Shards block cards than most Tier 1 and 2 lists, and the non-Shards block cards are actually going to be sticking around for the most part.

I'll use the list that took 4th at the Pro Tour as an example, comments where warranted:

Artifacts
1 Loxodon Warhammer

Artifact Creatures
4 Tidehollow Sculler

Creatures
4 Birds Of Paradise (These are confirmed reprinted in the new core set and won't rotate out)
2 Kitchen Finks (Uncommon and still a solid investment)
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Rhox War Monk
4 Wilt-leaf Liege (A good guy to have, but replaceable if you don't want to drop $30-35 for a playset)

Instants
2 Path To Exile

Legendary Creatures
4 Doran, The Siege Tower (This guy is dirt cheap right now, I'd still buy him)
3 Gaddock Teeg (Playable in Extended, I'd still get him if you can)
3 Rafiq Of The Many

Tribal Instants
3 Nameless Inversion (Can easily replace with Terror or whatever comes out of M10)

Basic Lands
2 Forest
1 Plains
1 Swamp

Lands (You have more room to budget here since you rely a lot on Birds/Noble. Dual-colored lands are playable in most any format though, so they're never a bad investment for a new player.)
1 Adarkar Wastes
4 Ancient Ziggurat
2 Brushland
1 Caves Of Koilos
1 Llanowar Wastes
4 Murmuring Bosk
3 Treetop Village
2 Yavimaya Coast

Sideboard:
2 Relic Of Progenitus
2 Kitchen Finks
4 Scattershot Archer
3 Guttural Response (Uncommon, and a must against Cryptic Command, the format's most popular card)
2 Path To Exile
2 Terror

Hope this helps. Keep in mind that you can substitute some of the gold creatures from Shards block and still be effective (e.g. Woolly Thoctar). Good luck!
Mirage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Bant Charm?
ichmotekaimu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow he said fuckig block dumbasses -_-
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ichmotekaimu wrote:
wow he said fuckig block dumbasses -_-

Check what forum this is...whats that T2?

Hes obviously aiming for T2, just not relying on cards that might rotate soon. But correct me if I'm wrong, ME2010 or whatever won't cycle out 10E, so 10E will actually be around for a while yet?
I wouldn't be buying much for LRW however.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother with Ichmotekaimu. His account is only a couple days old and most likely a troll.

I thought M10 (or whatever the hell its called) pushed 10th out? And every year a new Core Set will be printed to push the previous out. IMO another ploy to make more money in a already faulty economy. What will they do when they realize they have pushed people out of the game because its too expensive?
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
Don't bother with Ichmotekaimu. His account is only a couple days old and most likely a troll.

I thought M10 (or whatever the hell its called) pushed 10th out? And every year a new Core Set will be printed to push the previous out. IMO another ploy to make more money in a already faulty economy. What will they do when they realize they have pushed people out of the game because its too expensive?

tis why there is such thing as free mtg programs and leagues
Alandariel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep using 10th, most of the commons are cheap to replace if necessary and most of it will probably be reprinted.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you supposed to pull off a 3-colour deck with no painlands, no filter lands, no vivids... when your opponent plays those?

10th and Lorwyn are both going to stay for another 4-5 months or so. Play Shards Block Constructed until then. If you are concerned about spending too much money, I have to disappoint you: if you want to be good at magic, get a job or something - it will cost a lot. The more you spend the better decks you will get.

... Or play free and only online, like me Smile
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cm104314 wrote:
well this is my choose

rafiq of the many 2
bird of pardice 4
akrasan squire 4
sigiled paladin 4
rhox charger 3
battle grace angle 4
bant charm 3
Oblivion ring 4
wall of reverance 3
jhessian infiltrator 3
noble hierarch 4
giltspire avenger 2

LANDS
Ancient Ziggurat 4
Bant Panorama 4
Seaside Citadel 4
island 3
forest 4
plains 5

sb
celestrial purge 4
carlion ulitmatium 2
natrlise 3
giltspire avenger 2
Oblivion ring 1
path to exile 3

Read the two million other bant aggro / exalted aggro threads on this forum, man.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2