Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faeries in conflux

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
zeratul734

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weehood wrote:
that i would say really depends on who you think you're facing.
if you're up against an aggressive deck, dont go down to less than 6 (or 5 on the draw?). against control... it really depends what's in your hand.

against many decks, a 4-land or 2-land 6 card hand is better than what you'll get at 5 cards. be mindful of whether you're drawing turn 1 or not (on play or on draw), and plan to stop before you're down to 4 cards. at 4, the best you'll do is 2 lands and perfect topdecks... gl winning that kind of game.

a general rule (often used in limited) is to asses your hand and say "is this hand better than a random mulligan hand FROM THIS DECKLIST" if you think your hand is at least marginally as good as the mulligan hand, dont chance it. if you think it's likely that you'll mulligan into a better hand, go for it. never plan on mulliganing twice or "until you draw ____"

anyway, that's just my 2 cents, it's really ur call

Yeah that's true, i try to keep as often as i can obviously, but some matchups (particularly aggro) are better with 4 cards and a bitterblossom than 7 without one. I guess it just comes down to that a 80:20 MU has to have the 20 somewhere, amiright?

I've been testing with vendillions, and i'll be honest, i don't like having more than 2. They're awesome, don't get me wrong, but i'd rather have an answer most of the time. Fallout and banefire aren't common/don't hurt enough to make it worth it, imo.

Also, deathmark in the side for bant/dark bant/5CC? it pretty much hits all their fatties that agony warp doesn't quite do, plus it drops turn 1 birds just as well as peppersmoke. Plus, imo, dark bant isn't exaclty a good matchup..
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2