Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faeries with Esper Color

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
LiTaNia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Faeries with Esper Color Reply with quote

As you know, There's some faerie meta cards in Conflux like Volcanic Fallout and Scattershot Archer.

So I added white in my faeries deck. But there's another reason:)

Lands
2 Island
2 Swamp
3 Plains
1 [10E] Adakar Wastes
4 [LRW] Secluded Glen
3 [MOR] Mutavault
2 [SHM] Mystic Gate
2 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
2 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
3 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
24 Lands

Creatures
4 [LRW] Spellstutter Sprite
4 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
4 [LRW] Scion of Oona
3 [LRW] Mirror Entity <= That's major reason why I added white in my deck. Bitterblossom token + Mirror Entity would be good?
3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
4 [LRW] Mistbind Clique
22 Creatures

Other Spells
3 [CFX] Path to Exile <= I'm thinking what is the best denial in this deck. Path to Exile/Nameless Inversion/Agony Warp
3 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
14 Other Spells

Sideboards
4 [CFX] Mark of Asylum <= What's better for Volcanic Fallout meta, Mark of Asylum, or Burrenton Forge-Tender?
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
4 [10E] Wrath of God
3 [EVE] Glen Elendra Archmage

Basically Faeries, and just added Entity. Any idea is welcome Smile

Last edited by LiTaNia on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see how making ur deck less consistent and not that much better is a good idea
Thanik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a nice one that added ajani goldmane and ran mark of asylum or whatever its called out of the board. Way different to typical faeries but bitterblossom and ajani is beatings in any deck.
Nitewake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

consider also esper charm
besides you shouldnt try and make a good control deck into an agro deck. just slide in esper charm, wrath of god, and path to exile if yer gonna add white
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reasons to run white would be Mark of Asylum or Burrenton Forge-Tender (against Volcanic Fallout) and Esper cards like Esper Charm and Tidehollow Sculler.

Don't splash double-coloured cards like Wrath of God and Ajani Goldmane. The mana would become inconsistent and painful.

Mirror Entity's use in a deck like this is too narrow. It would be a win-more card, and you wouldn't want to tap mana in your own turn.

Burrenton Forge-Tender is better overall because it could come in against decks using red and not Fallout, and block a red creature each turn. Mark of Asylum is more difficult for RB to remove, though, as RB Blightning runs Terror to kill your Tender.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if mirror entity is getting you value, you're gonna win that one anyway
Mirage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditch Mirror entity. The creature base in faeries is always tight. Esper Charm is good. Path to Exile is good. Nothing you haven't read already.
nusphigor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say stick with the entity.
It's also a faerie and it can help your deck making it more aggro-control in some cases when needed. It may slow your tempo a bit but nothing that can't be solved fast.
Also I think that the mark of asylum is better than the forge tender in this deck because it helps not only aganst the volcanic fallout but also helps to protect the vendilion and the sowers from things like magma spray and flame javelin better as the forge tender is only of one use, even if you have the 4 copies. I think the enchantment helps more and its more harder to destroy (i love that word XD)
test it a lot and post how does the deck goes!!
I'd like to see that.
Greetings Smile
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 vendillion clique is too many.
BigBallin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should cut one of the vendilion cliques. I personally like 1 ranger of eos and 4 forge tenders in the board. However, i dont know how that would work in faeries.
LiTaNia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Faeries with Esper Color Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks for all of ideas and replies. I'll more test for faeries:)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1