Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fish are coming to nationals.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Tcleberg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Fish are coming to nationals. Reply with quote

Wizards of the Coast Extends Nationals Invitations to Yu-Gi-Oh! Players

March 2, 2009 - Renton, WA - Wizards of the Coast today announced that invitations to the Magic: The Gathering® Nationals tournament will be extended to qualified Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game players in response to the recent announcement that their National Championships are cancelled.

“We respect the accomplishments of all high-level tournament players,” said Chris Galvin, VP of Organized Play for Wizards of the Coast. “We’d like to do what we can to honor their achievements and keep them gaming.”

Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game players who hold an invitation to the Yu-Gi-Oh! US or Canadian Nationals that were scheduled to take place this year will be welcomed to come play Magic at the equivalent Magic: The Gathering Nationals in summer 2009. Interested players can simply contact the Wizards Game Support team by visiting customer support or by calling 1-800-324-6496.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

link please
Tcleberg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/?doc=20090302
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that means i can just go play a yugioh qualifier probably easier than regionals
Aion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow
jakeywakey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, "since u cant compete in your game anymore, play this one!"
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must be the biggest epic phail ever.

I guess those playing at national's will like those byes that give some rating points.
Lenin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this shit for real?
I mean thats like the biggest joke in magic history!
Thats like going to some soapbox derby drives and say "hey, the race is canceled but you can paricipate in the F1 GP tomorrow if you want"
There will be many dead.
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL OR LIKE MAGIC PLAYERS PLAYING POKER...

oh wait...a lot of them do. Gee golly do you think some of those Yu-Hi-Oh players might also play mtg too!?
Andarel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i know, any sort of YGO metagame is epic fail (but I may be wrong), so I dunno how that would work out.

However, I do respect that WOTC is extending its hands to a collapsing card game's 'upper levels' of play (and it's good fer marketing).

So...dunno. I guess it's an okay decision however you look at it - would ygo quals be easier than mtg?
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
LOL OR LIKE MAGIC PLAYERS PLAYING POKER...

oh wait...a lot of them do. Gee golly do you think some of those Yu-Hi-Oh players might also play mtg too!?

Even if they do play poker, it doesn't mean that winning a PTQ would make them qualify for the World Poker Tour.
Lenin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as i know, any sort of YGO metagame is epic fail (but I may be wrong), so I dunno how that would work out.

Thats true. Games last 1 to 2 turns and you dont need to speak a single word because everyone knows the 2 or 3 playable decks and the ~150 played card.

Quote:
Even if they do play poker, it doesn't mean that winning a PTQ would make them qualify for the World Poker Tour.

Exactly.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1