Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Little kid Advice

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Maksym

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoG would be counter productive to your deck. You play a lot of creatures (this deck wants to make consistent drops turn 2, 3, and 4). Holding back to use WoG would be going against what this deck is trying to accomplish and hurt you more than the advantage you might get from playing it.

Furthermore the decks you would want to use WoG against all lose to you anyways. You play as many creatures as them but the overall quality of your creatures is better. Your guys are bigger and more durable with diverse defenses built in (protection, persist, high toughness, shield of the oversoul, teeg etc..). So there is no real need to play the card.

Warhammer is a good card that turns any creature into a threat (consider that same of your creatures are already big enough by themselves). It will help with the aggro match-up and even against control having a warhammer on the board forces them to deal with your creatures faster, meaning that if they don't have a removal spell the turn after you play your creature, even a natural 2/2 will take out 1/4 of their original life total which can be deadly.

While all of this is true you still only want to play warhammer as a 1 of. Resolving warhammers early on sets back your tempo quite a bit and in all reality having a starting hand with 2 of them (or having 1 and then drawing another one) reduces your ability to present diverse threats (a major aspect of how this deck works).

Overall the GW little kid deck was always available on some level in the past, however the introduction of Path to Exile, and Gaddok Teeg makes the deck competitive despite the very simple game plan. And then just the overall quality of creatures (and shield of the oversoul makes the deck really playable.)
zeratul734

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see the stewards there, but still, how does it do on land? There's a pretty intense don't-miss-a-drop mana curve going there, is 22 enough?

Also regarding the shields, does this still work vs. other white decks? I see a lot of RFG running around in the current meta, i'd think that a path or o-ring would find its way into 2-for-1 ing you.

WoG would be awesome in a match vs. aggro or kithkin; your little creatures (minus the steward) have persist, and your big creatures hit the field post-wrath. Very solid! Maybe pull the stewards if you wanted to go this route, although that's going to make you want to put more land in... if anything, though, since this is an aggro deck, i'd put WoG in the sideboard.

Winhammers would be great to get the damage through, but i don't see them as completely necessary for this deck. maybe x1 instead of an oversoul or a shield?

Good hate against faeries, great resistance to burn, and it probably stands up well to kithkin also. How's the matchup vs. 5cc, or have you tested that?

Looks like a nice solid deck, might steal some SB ideas for my G/W quillspike!
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you need to consider is how your deck is better (or more "yours") than the one(s) dominating the trials a few days back.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdofner forgets that GW LittleKid won a trial a few days back Very Happy
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't I just say that? Confused
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't play Hierarch and you do play a playset of Oblivion Rings and Safehold Elites. It could be the deck as well.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or both.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1