Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blightning Beatdown

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

jello or pudding?
jello
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
pudding
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Blightning Beatdown Reply with quote

I have seen many different list for this archetype and I was wondering which everyone thought was best? The list I currently use is-

4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Figure of Destiny
4x Hellspark Elemental
4x Goblin Outlander
4x Boggart Ram-Gang
4x Shambling Remains

4x Incinerate
4x Flame Javelin
4x Blightning

4x Ghitu Encampment
4x Sulfurous Springs
4x Graven Cairns
4x Auntie's Hovel
8x Mountain

SB_----------
4x Vexing Shusher
4x Terror
4x Volcanic Fallout
3x Unwilling Recruit

The list is very solid as is imo, but I feel there can be something better than Shambling Remains. It is a good card, 3 casting for 4 power and it comes back after it eats a removal spell or blocker. I see it as a Ashenmoor the first time, and then a Flame Javelin the second. I am also unsure of Unwilling Recruit. I have yet to play a match where it was really relevant.

Any tips/tricks/hints are greatly appreciated.
[R]WarPig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Demigod?

LOLWUT
Zoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No demigod is a reasonable call. I'm not playing him in my blightning right now. After testing, he was getting rfg or handled too easily by tokens to justify the 5cc. I recommend trimming the land a little since the deck now tops out at 3cc though.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the maindeck Path to Exiles and sideboard Celestial Purges have put an end to Demigod's 5(+5+5) swings.
Madstrike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not infest over fallout?
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a fan of Blightning decks with no Bitterblossom. It just gives the deck another way to win. There will be different opinions about that as well, and not running it is justifiable, but I prefer the deck with it. After playing Blightning for about the last two months with about 75 matches between online & at FNM, and playing lists with and without Blossom, I've won a lot more games when I had it than when I didn't. I agree that no Demigod is acceptable, but if you're not going to use him, you should at least use Siege-Gang Commander as a substitute. And lastly, if you're going to use Volcanic Fallout and not Infest, you need either Everlasting Torment or Pithing Needle to fight Burrenton Forge-Tender. Without one of those two, your matchup vs. WW Kithkin, R/W Kithkin, and R/W Cruise is MUCH worse. This is only my advice, I'm sure others will agree or disagree, but I have tested this deck extensively, so take it for what it's worth.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSUOversoul wrote:
And lastly, if you're going to use Volcanic Fallout and not Infest, you need either Everlasting Torment or Pithing Needle to fight Burrenton Forge-Tender. Without one of those two, your matchup vs. WW Kithkin, R/W Kithkin, and R/W Cruise is MUCH worse.

Are the Terrors not good enough? Although I am considering Pithing Needle in place of Unwilling Recruit.
Bullet4myVal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
9 [10E] Mountain (1)
4 [LRW] Auntie's Hovel
4 [10E] Ghitu Encampment
4 [SHM] Graven Cairns
4 [10E] Sulfurous Springs

// Creatures
4 [10E] Siege-Gang Commander
3 [SHM] Murderous Redcap
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
4 [EVE] Figure of Destiny

// Spells
4 [ALA] Blightning
4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin
4 [10E] Incinerate
4 [ALA] Magma Spray

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [CNF] Volcanic Fallout
SB: 2 [CNF] Banefire
SB: 3 [LRW] Shriekmaw
SB: 4 [CNF] Goblin Outlander
SB: 2 [SHM] Everlasting Torment

that is my current list
ive bin playing this deck since november and testing has bin great
the only bad MU is RW lark
just because when BFTs come back its hard to win
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terror stops ONE of them. If you can get a Torment to stick, then the Forge-Tenders (all of them) are useless until they can get rid of it. No need to worry about top-decking another Terror that way.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Acid, I really like the main deck that you have put together. I would really change the sideboard though. I find that Pithing Needle and Everlasting Torment are needed for the Cruise match. Volcanic Fallout is nuts vs Fae and Tokens. If you see Kithkin and Fae then you need Stillmoon in the main. I would drop the Shusher for Thoughtsieze. So I would side something like this.

4 x Thoughtsieze
3 x Stillmoon
3 x Everlasting Torment
3 x Volcanic Fallout
2 x Pithing Needle

I wish that you could fit in one Loxodon Warhammer. It's so good in a lot of matches like Tokens.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't put the list together. It was taken from Matt Nass with a few changes to the sb. The build is solid though as is. He got 5th at the Superstars Standard 1K with it.

What do you name with Needle vs Cruise?
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Figure of Destiny sound? Pretty good to me. Ajani Vengeant? Even better. Turn 1 Needle makes them go Sad
Zoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways the rb deck can go. It can focus on a short game with hellspark elementals, ram gangs ets. Or you can go for long game advantages like bitterblossom, redcap, siege gang etc. I think playing heavy red like this makes me lean toward the short game, since there are just better color combos like wr or wb if you want to play the durability game.
JGMattos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the japanese list that took 3rd place in the same champ that Saito won with his Rw cruise. It's almost a Monored list, with exception of shambling remains MD and the SB ,wich i made changes to try be the control deck in the match against Rw , Its a good and fast list, i'm testing it a lot this days, and having good results, so check it out :

5 Mountains
4 Ghitu E.
4 Auntie's hovel
4 Sulfurous springs
4 Gravem C.
3 R.Pool

4 Figure Of Destiny
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Boggart ram-gang
4 Shambling Remains

4 Tarfire
4 Shard Volley
4 Incinerate
4 Flame Javelim
4 Volcanic Fallout

Sb
4 Thoughtseize
4 Infest
4 Terror
3 Banefire
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you all think of Sygg, River Cutthroat? If you can get him to stick turn 2 your Ram-Gang, Hellspark, Shard Voll, Incinerate and Flame Javelin (and maybe a well timed Fallout) all have the possibility of becoming cantrips. Just a thought.

JGMattos- Shard Volley help more than it hurts?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2