Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDH: UB Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Dakkon555

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: EDH: UB Control Reply with quote

I am thinking of making a UB control deck for the EDH league I will be playing in for the next month. My idea is UB Control making probably Dralnu, Lich Lord as my general.

What are all the tutors for U and B? all i can think of are,

Mystical Tutor
Vampiric Tutor
Personal Tutor
Diabolic Tutor
Demonic Tutor
Merchant Scroll
Mystical Teachings
Cruel Tutor
Rhystic Tutor

i know theres more, anybody know the rest?

also, what are the best general stealers? all i can think of are...

Gilded Drake
Treachery
Sower of Temptation
Control Magic
Desertion

the idea of the deck will probably to get necropotence and yawgmoth's will out and mind twist or mind shatter my opponent for 7 and then drain life them for 13-20 with drain life or consume spirit or just steal their general for the win Very Happy, also psychatog can win the game too Smile

ideas?
Andarel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot Imperial Seal (may be hella expensive). Demonic Consultation can randomly lose you games, but it can also randomly win them. Beseech the Queen ain't bad at all, and Demonic Collusion is great late-game, even if it's inherent card disadvantage. Liliana Vess, of course. Very Happy

Anything that Transmutes.

Do NOT run Cruel or Rhystic Tutors. Cruel is godawful, and Rhystic is incredibly unreliable, especially in a FFA.

Keiga is both a finisher and a permanent general-steal, while Dominate is just great with big mana. An early Legacy's Allure can be very scary, but it's not so great late-game. Thalakos Deciever is a must-remove for any opponents, as it's quite tricky. Seasinger's okay.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1