Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rating Conflux

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
nusphigor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rate it like a 7 in limited and another 7 in standard.
Because I really liked the way the 3 colors can be played in a lot of different combinations (combo, aggro and control).
Oh yea, and because I like tokens and Jund tokens is really fun to play in standard!!

Oh yeah!!! Razz
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give Conflux an 8. I have played some really bad sets before. Homelands comes to mind. Some of the Domain cards are really good. Voices from the Void, Wordly, and Boarders are all very good. I think that some cards are being over looked though.

Ethersworn Adjudicator is one of the cards that is being overlooked.
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it an 8 for Constructed an a 9 in Limited. I really like this set and a lot of the cards in it. Some of the cards that may not be getting a lot of talk right now may find their way into some decks in Standard, possibly even Extended, besides the obvious ones. The Outlander cycle has two that stand out, the B/R one for pro-white and the R/G one for pro-blue. I think the B/R one may get quite a bit of play in Standard in Blightning Aggro (just like Blood Knight did), and the R/G one may sneak into Zoo sideboards for Faeries. Just guessing at this point, obviously. Also, Might of Alara may sneak into those same Zoo decks as a Gaea's Might-ish slot. All of these are my opinions and predictions, so don't go betting the farm on it happening just yet. Limited is also good, I really like Armillary Sphere and Shard Convergence, and even Exotic Orchard may be good in draft since the set forces Domain so much. I don't like the number of 5-color cards in the set, and I'm not crazy about domain, but all in all, I think it's a pretty good set.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one and shards 0/10 all
fuck color screw
Luckra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a 8/10 on limited and 7/10 on Constructed

Also I find the complaining about color screw are just bad deck builders, in the 4 drafts ive done and the Pre Release I only had mana
screw because I didn't want to mull and hoped for the top deck of land I needed. I also really enjoy alot of the cards several to add to Teir 1 decks in T2 and a few to add to EXT.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol bad deck builder

u can run the optimal # of each land in this format and very easily get color screwed, even if u pick every on-color triland or panorama over EVERY OTHER card in the pack
plusua

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiDoRiE wrote:
lol bad deck builder

u can run the optimal # of each land in this format and very easily get color screwed, even if u pick every on-color triland or panorama over EVERY OTHER card in the pack

Right, and not to mention you'd have to pick a good number of basicland cyclers. I was disappointed with the release at a limited tourney with Conflux, I lost all games to color screw. I gave up after 3 loses, handed over all my cards to the store organizers for store credit. I paid $40 and got about $26 back with store credit.

I can't wait to see color screw be a major reason players lose games on the PT now that Conflux Limited will be part of the pile. Anyways...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2