Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cruise w/ Blue?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Cruise w/ Blue? Reply with quote

Well some friends of mine were talking about the RW Cruise deck and what could make it even better. Like we always say, Every Stantard deck is better with Mulldrifters. So after a lot of debate, this is the list that we came up with. Negate is for stopping Wrath of God. We also have a another list with -2 Burrenton Forge-Tender, -1 Negate, +2 Ranger of Eos, +1 Flamekin Harbringer.

The mana base may be a little wonky. The list is untested.

4 x Reflecting Pool
4 x Rugged Prairie
4 x Battlefield Forge
3 x Mystic Gate
3 x Cascade Bluff
2 x Mountains
2 x Plains
2 x Island

4 x Figure of Destiny
4 x Mulldrifter
4 x Revilark
4 x Siege Gang Commander
3 x Moog Fanatic
3 x Burrenton Forge-Tender
2 x Glen Elendra Archmage

4 x Path to Exile
3 x Negate
3 x Ajani Vengeant
2 x Tidings

SB: 4 x Stillmoon Cavalier
SB: 3 x Wispmare
SB: 3 x Celestial Purge
SB: 3 x Banefire
SB: 2 x Swerve
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the idea MIGHT work, but NEVER EVER USE MORE THAN 7 FILTER LANDS IN ANY DECK!!! Manabase needs some improvement, but the deck seems nice.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Wrath hurts Cruise, or enough you need to splash another color. The deck gets its card advantage not by drawing, but by getting 2 for 1s, or more, out of almost everything it plays. I don't think the splash is necessary in my opinion.

Hooray for innovation though.

Edit- If I were looking into splashing another color, I would be looking into black.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you are correct about the 2 for 1 trades. But as the deck wins with card advantage why not play more 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 interactions?

That was the whole point of this post. Tidings may not be a
Good fit for the deck. I do like the idea. Tidings is underplayed for sure.
Cheemo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this isnt cruise anymore its reveilark now ^^
asamodious

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would go with the version that plays ranger of eos and harbringer.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too top heavy to be competative (too many 5 drops).

You have completely ruined the curve of the deck, and the deck now does not now seem to know what it wants to do.

Before it had a curve that topped out at powefull threats that could completley overwhelm the opponenet. This version puts alot less pressure on early Cards like tidings and negate simply do not fit into the stratery the deck employs. Mulldrifter much the same its building for a long game the deck does not really have half the deck makes no sense with the other half.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1