Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My theory on why Charizard never trusted Ash

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
snoopster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: My theory on why Charizard never trusted Ash Reply with quote

Charizard's distrust for Ash was disheartening, considering how hard Ash worked to train him and how his disobedience would eventually lead to Ash's defeat in the Pokemon League. But it's hard to blame Charizard, considering what he went through as a young Charmander. Here's why I believe he never truly listened to Ash:

Recall that in Charmander: the Stray Pokemon (episode 11, season 1), Ash, Misty and Brock rescued Charmander from atop a rock, where he was waiting for his trainer to return. The fire pokemon didn't know it, but his trainer had abandoned him. When he realized it, he was stunned, heartbroken, and understandably angry. The neglect he suffered would prevent him from fully trusting any trainer, and also the jump to a new trainer was a difficult adjustment. Thus, I believe, that when Charmeleon evolved and was finally strong enough to survive on his own without Ash, he began to play by his own rules and do whatever the hell he wanted.

Last edited by snoopster on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
snoopster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me before I go to school:

Last edited by ZW on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Bushviper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So were you just bored and watched your old pokemon tapes or were you high?
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all Charizards fault...
svladcjelli2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pragmatic thing to do would be for Naruto to accept that Sasuke has turned irrevocably onto the path of vengeance. Yet how can someone who can't even save his best friend ever hope to become Hokage?
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushviper wrote:
So were you just bored and watched your old pokemon tapes or were you high?

who the hell watches tapes of anything anymore
snoopster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was trying to have a civilized discussion about the pokemans but all you people decided to hijack my thread for personal gain

all you guys do is spam

dumb
LordLink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You started a thread trying to determine complex character development in pokemon and you expected a serious debate?
apocchime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the evolution was rather rushed and out of necessity, i recall a march of exeggutors that needed to be handled, which i believe charmelion did without the guidance of a trusted trainer... its been a while so my facts may be slightly off, yet given that the pokemon lacked proper bond with ash during the developmental stage, and the fact that it was allowed to act without guidance, and was able to save the day becoming the hero by doing so, it makes sense that charizard does not respect ash for so long. he was not properly handled when showing his first rebellious signs as charmelion, and ass he grew in power so did his confidence in himself rather than in a trainer. ash lacked the proper exposure to the pokemon before it evolved, and a strong trust was not formed. add this to the poor response to rebellious signs and its no wonder charizard lacked respect for ash. plus lets face it ash is a bitch.
Sihk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a very good knowledge of Pokemon. You are very correct in your assessment on Charizard and Ash, but fail to note that later on Charizard notices Ash's love and constant trying and starts to respect him.

Okay, so I'm stoned as shit and I'm trying to write this, so excuse the crappy sentence structuring.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't they all just be friends Sad
Aion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent theory.

My theory would be that Charizard, even newly evolved, was just so strong and powerful that such a weak trainer like ash who had only been a trainer for less than a year and was 10 years old was looked down upon in Charizards eyes, because it felt that it was out of Ash's league.
khanguskhan1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is: Why the HELL is a ten year old allowed to go all around the country side battling old men for "Badges"

Also I'm pretty sure his group is a gang and gangbattles all the time... This is a bad thing all around and I think someone should contact CPS.

Also I agree with Neo.. Charizard was just toooo POWERFUL!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2