Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on drafting AAC

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg: LOL???? Are you sure you're talking about the same card? Mana Cyclix you don't lose tempo. You just spend 1 mana, probably on your first turn when you didn't have any drops anyway. After that it doesn't lose you any tempo, it just filters 1 mana.
toor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg wrote:

it's not about the card disadvantage. it's about the tempo you loose. it's very hard to tap out turn 2 and turn 3 and win that game.

I assume your talking about Armillary Sphere (a different card then the cylix). Sphere is ridiculous, end of story.

Two more drafts into this format and im on a bit of a hot streak.

Cards that have really impressed me:
Voices of the Void
Exploding Borders (I didnt think it would be as good as removal but it is)
Manaforce Mace (This card single handedly makes aggro way more competitive)
Outlanders (they can randomly win games on their own).
Obelisks (I liked them before. They are insane now.)
Paragon of Amaesha (5 mana a turn for a first strike exalted angel is a bargain).

Cards that have been (surprisingly)dissapointing:
Dark Temper.
The BlindHUnter/Man o War.
Bloodhall Ooze (There have been 4 in my 3 drafts =/).
Suicidal Charge (I thought this card was going to suck despite my friends saying it was insane). I remain unimpressed. Though its good in 2HG.
Shard COnvergence (You often only run 1 of 2 basic types. Meaning this is almost always a draw 2.5-2.75 rather than a draw 3/4.
Fleshformer (I thought he would be the nuts. Hes very good only. PS you can only use him on your turn WTFBBQ!).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2