Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naya Land Sacrifice

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Naya Land Sacrifice Reply with quote

Back in Lorwyn Block Standard, I had an idea for a land Sacrifice deck that centered around Countryside Crusher. My deck didn't work really well at the time, so I let the idea drop. Now, with the release of Conflux, I've put together a new list that I would like to get some opinions on:

// Lands

4 [ALA] Naya Panorama
4 [UNH] Forest
3 [UNH] Mountain
4 [UNH] Plains
4 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
2 [10E] Battlefield Forge
2 [10E] Karplusan Forest
2 [10E] Brushland

// Creatures

4 [MOR] Countryside Crusher
4 [CNF] Knight of the Reliquary
4 [CNF] Goblin Razerunners
2 [ALA] Realm Razer
4 [CNF] Noble Hierarch
4 [10E] Birds of Paradise

// Spells

2 [10E] Crucible of Worlds
2 [EVE] Worm Harvest
4 [CNF] Volcanic Fallout
1 [CNF] Banefire
4 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant

I'm definately open to ideas and suggestions, this is just a rough, tentative deck I've been playing around with for the past few days.

Thanks all:)
Bushviper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs more elvish piper for realm razors. I hear it gets around counter spells.
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be fine if the point of the deck was to get out Realm Razer, but it isn't, and currently, it would just be a hassle of a 4 drop. I have looked at some other Naya lists (like Silver's) and Piper just doesn't seem to have a place in the deck.
SilverMcHowl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off hand, I don't see the point for Piper's either.

No fumlinating mages?
Triggers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see the point of ful mages

Knight of the Reliquary gets +1/+1 for each land card in your graveyard.

I mean, sure its land sac, but why would you want to pay 3, sac a 2/2 creature, just to make your other creature have +1/+1...

Seems like there are alot better cards for that..

I like this deck idea, i was thinking about knights for a while, mainly extended though, with the pay 1 life, sac lands...

You could lconsitantly drop him as 4/4 + in extended lol
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Naya Panorama really better then Terramorphic Expanse? I would test Terramorphic Expanse over Naya Panorama. Really when are you not going to want to sac a land? Birds of Paradise sould be Bloom Tender. Volcanic Fallout should be on the side. Have you tried Incinerate or O-Ring for that slot?

Also the 2/2 Knight that lets you get a plains would be good tech.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 land, and 8 accelerators seems like you're going to get flooded a lot of the time - considering your spells are almost all 3 and 4cc.

Shard Volley/Scapeshift - seems like they could be relevant here - synergy with Crusher, Worms and Crucible.

Fulminator Mage is *very* good against decks with shaky mana bases - e.g. 5 colour control where your slow start will give the control player an advantage.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah good call on Scapeshift! I think that even one could be very powerful in the deck.
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naya Panorama - Yes, it is indeed better than expanse, purely for the fact that it adds a colorless mana when needed. If I even begin to lose tempo with this deck, my chances of winning the game are severely hurt. Panorama is simply the better choice here.

Bloom Tender is a risky play, because it is dependant on other creatures, and of course also comes out a turn later. It is a card that I will have to do some testing with though, to see how it works.

Volcanic Fallout - This card is simply fantastic, and definately will stay mainboard, I need to be able to deal with decks that swarm early. It almost never hurts myself, and can just be a sure-fire devestator.

Scapeshift - That card is perhaps at the top of my list for cards to test with. I had them in the old (Pre-Alara version) of the deck, and although they were not BAD, they were not great either. It's a card that seems great in concept, but just doesn't get there that often.

Shard Volly - Shard Volley is another card I'm trying to fit in right now, although between fitting in it and Path to Exile, I would choose PtE as my first choice.

Fulminator Mage - I will have 4 of these in the sideboard which I am developing, no doubt about it.

As for flooding, I haven't had any problems yet, because of the many ways I have of chucking my land, although I haven't gone through nearly enough testing to determine how often I will actually get flooded. At the moment, it seems like my Mana Base is solid and has prevented me from getting Mana Screwed/Flooded in all of my games.
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like you would fold to Wrath of God.

edit: eh realm razer backup isnt so bad, but I feel naked and scared with this as my only defense against a pissed off Allah.

Last edited by alsorhombus on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver: His strategy is getting rid of his OWN lands Smile
ynnus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about traumatize on yourself?
ToAzT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volcanic fallout seems like a sideboard card.

and if you're killing your own land, how will you get Banefire 5+?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1