Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Some New Death Metal Music

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Bushviper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Need Some New Death Metal Music Reply with quote

Hey all I need some new Death Metal (Grindcore, Black Metal, w/e) music because i'm getting kinda bored with what I have now. Below is a list of the bands I already listen to and then Bands i have listened to that suck or are just not for me. Any others you can suggest would be helpful, especialy if you have some specific songs.

Bands I listen to:
Decide
Cannibal Corpse
At the Gates
Dying Fetus (Kevin Talley- Possibly best metal drummer ever? Check him out if you don't know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtJ-alGFIsg)
Napalm Death
Morbid Angel
Bolt Thrower
All Shall Perish
Hypocrisy
Skyfire
Obituary

Bands I didn't really like:
Death (Hate me if you want to)
Job for a Cowboy
Arch Enemy
Soul Embraced
Dethklok
Venom
Cryptopsy
Entombed
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good god Death metal bands have some of the stupidest names...
jazzbat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like technical stuff, Between the Buried and Me is pretty sweet.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know the names aren't quite as good as bands like Panic at the Disco, Death Cab for Cutie, or Finger Eleven, but....

Also, checked out some Between the Buried and Me and their instrumental is pretty good but their vocals suck. Sorry but thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by Bushviper on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
asamodious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushviper wrote:
Hey, I know the names aren't quite as good as bands like Panic at the Disco, Death Cab for Cutie, or Finger Eleven, but....

that doesnt really count as music either.
Ytsejam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between the Buried and Me is one of my favorites.

Some other bands:
Necrophagist
Nile
Morbid Angel
The Locust
Sihk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decide = Deicide (I think, fuck, I can't spell these crazy metal band names either)

So some good death metal bands....hmm, I'll just name off some good metal bands you'd better know before you get beaten up at a concert:

Cradle of Filth: Alright, these guys are like the walmart of metal but if you search out some of their old stuff, it's really quite good. A few good songs would be From The Cradle to Enslave, the cover of Hallowed By Thy Name, and Her Ghost in the Fog.

Otep: Perhaps one of the best female metal vocals ever. Otep>Arch Enemy. Some songs to look out for: Blood Pigs, Buried Alive, and Filthee. Their first album, Servas Tra was really fucking good.

Tristania: Well, their sound is somewhere between midevil metal and just fucking trippy. My favorite song by them is Crushed Dreams off their CD World of Glass. Evenfall is also really good, and you would love it just because you're posting on a Magic forum. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1kJTm6BOM

Vader: A really heavy hitting fucking band. They did a cover of Slayer's Raining Blood and it's so much fucking harder than Slayer could ever muster. Really heavy, heavy stuff. I give it 5 headbangs out of 4.

GWAR: As I said before, I'm just listening good metal bands you should have heard of and it goes without saying you either love them or hate them (but you'd better hate Lordi either way). Before you make up your mind on them, listen to Meat Sandwhich, Saddom A-Go-Go, and Womb With A View.

Dimmi Burger (ie, Dimmu Borgir): Any true fan of Black/Death Metal hates this band by default, but alas, their old shit is really fucking good. Puritania is an example of Dimmi Burger at it's best. Progenies of the Great Apocalypse would be an example of the opposite.

In Flames: Listen to all the OLD In Flames you can get your hands on. They did a lot for your genre (even if they suck now).

Meshuggah: They have one of the best drummers in Metal. Period.

Kittie: I have a think for chicks who do Metal. Just don't listen to their new shit.

Union Underground: Okay, before they sold out and did music for the World Wrestling Federation, errr, Entertainment; they were really good. South Texas Deathride and Turn Me On Mr Deadman are fucking awesome.

Dope: Still not death metal, but these guys kick ass. Die Motherfucker Die and Sick are really good songs.

I got a shit load more, but here's a sampler for you to sink your teeth into. Enjoy!
Sihk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ytsejam wrote:
Between the Buried and Me is one of my favorites.

Some other bands:
Necrophagist
Nile
Morbid Angel
The Locust

I recommend Nile as well Very Happy
Truth-
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Dalhia Murder

Parkway Drive
BigJoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You defiantly need to check out "I Wrestled a Bear Once" They are from Louisiana and they mesh American Death/Grind with some Gothic Metal seeing as their vocalist is a chic. And she goes from fucking brutal to freaking beautiful. Anyways they are worth a listing. So is "Born of Osiris" And if you are into bad ass musicians you should check out "Protest the Hero" All are insanely awesome.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushviper wrote:

Those are better then "Dying Fetus," "Cannibal Corpse," "Bolt Thrower"

it's like the shit was named by 12 year old emos.

asamodious wrote:
Bushviper wrote:

that doesnt really count as music either.

Emo Rock counts more as music then Death Metal...
Sihk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Emo Rock" as you say, Craze, is nothing more than a marketting ploy targeted at disgruntled teens who shop at Hot Topic.

Death metal couldn't be marketed if your life depended on it.

On a much happier note, if your done sampling the shitty little bands I gave you, step up to the greatest metal band of all time.

ACID BATH.

Paegan Love Song, Bleed Me An Ocean, Dr. Seuss Is Dead, and Jezebel are a few really kick ass songs you need to know.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize the word "ploy" means scam or farce, right? I mean whether or not it's being used to take advantage of the current teenage generation or not isn't the point. The point is that it is a form of music.
And imo is better then Death Metal which is a bunch of guitar riffs, emo lyrics, and screaming.
Bullet4myVal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Everything about the emo shit stops....
bc panic isnt emo there effn great

but i also listen to some pretty heavy shit

If u want speed and POWER check out Kamelot

that band is fast and hard as hell and he lead singer took 4 years of opra singing
and most of FiveFingerDeathPunch(make fun of that name HA!) is pretty hard

ps yea cradles old stuff is the shit
Hell check out Mushroom Heads old or new shit
and i cant forget about Bullet for my Val.
there are thee shit also A7x's old shit is really heavy
soasin is alright

Mindless Self Indulgence is Metal+acid check them out

and if u have a heart check out 30 seconds to mars
GUnit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:

Emo Rock counts more as music then Death Metal...

Compelling argument.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3