Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apprentice vs MWS vs OPT


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Author Message
Cannabeizen



Joined: 06 Jan 2009
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Apprentice vs MWS vs OPT Reply with quote

Is online play table really worth switching to?
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No and mostly because its not finished and the creator: Jorbes abandoned the project.

[5:54] <Craze-Dead> where have I heard the name
[15:54] <Ashmatan> Wink
1554] <Craze-Dead> Jorbes before
[15:54] <Jorbes> you've never heard it
[15:54] <Jorbes> maybe read it somewhere
[15:54] <Ashmatan> are you thinking of Forbes?
[15:54] <Jorbes> that's my uncle
[15:55] <Craze-Dead> no wait
15:55] <Craze-Dead> aren't you the Opt guy
15:55] <Craze-Dead> for ML?
[15:55] <Scofield> who won the tc?
[15:55] <Jorbes> i am the OPT guy, lol
07[15:55] <Craze-Dead> ah
14[15:55] * Ashmatan (ML5dda33@Absurd-IRC-F5853FC8.oak.mdsg-pacwest.com) Quit (Exited Visit us at***-******!)
11[15:55] * Haro (~Default@Absurd-IRC-527BF58.si.res.rr.com) has joined #***-******
07[15:55] <Craze-Dead> wtf are you on here then?
[15:55] <Jorbes> im working on apprentice 2 now
[15:55] <Jorbes> and mws 3.0
07[15:55] <Craze-Dead> gave up on Opt?
[15:55] <Jorbes> yeah
[15:55] <Jorbes> no point in going futher
07[15:56] <Craze-Dead> yeah no one ever finishes those things
[15:56] <Jorbes> nope
[15:56] <Jorbes> idiots
03[15:56] * Craze-Dead is now known as Craze
[15:56] <Jorbes> lazy coders
[15:56] <Jorbes> slap em
06[15:56] * Craze slaps Jorbes around a bit with a large trout*

EDIT - the logs are all weird and I edited out the sensitive channel name that I'm not allowed to advertise on ML.
Back to top
ACM
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 156

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I wonder what the channel name that was censored out might be... Very Happy
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitebread wrote:
#1 - Jorbes didnt stop working on this project, Opt v.99e is out on his site http://www.onlineplaytable.com.

#2 The features for Opt are in most cases better then Mws, however there are a few things that Jorbes is still working on. Hence why its not version 1. anything. In the last month ive seen a huge improvement in the Opt Deck builder, alot of the Draft system and more.

#3 We all know what the channel name is in the logs. I wont say it either though. Yet

As always, if you need any more info on Opt. You can check out these forums or check us out at that channels Irc Server and join #Opt there.


Well as you can see, he told me he quit OPT. This was late December(23rd or 28th, I can't remember which). So if he restarted it shortly after I don't know, but the logs speak for themselves...
Back to top
theeguy



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
whitebread wrote:
#1 - Jorbes didnt stop working on this project, Opt v.99e is out on his site http://www.onlineplaytable.com.

#2 The features for Opt are in most cases better then Mws, however there are a few things that Jorbes is still working on. Hence why its not version 1. anything. In the last month ive seen a huge improvement in the Opt Deck builder, alot of the Draft system and more.

#3 We all know what the channel name is in the logs. I wont say it either though. Yet

As always, if you need any more info on Opt. You can check out these forums or check us out at that channels Irc Server and join #Opt there.


Well as you can see, he told me he quit OPT. This was late December(23rd or 28th, I can't remember which). So if he restarted it shortly after I don't know, but the logs speak for themselves...


He was laying that sarcasm on pretty thick.
Back to top
TugaChampion



Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 615

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTGO>>>>>>all those together.
Back to top
Chill



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in which language are u programming app2? is this a close project or is it opened for ppl interested in contributing to the development of the program?
Back to top
Cannabeizen



Joined: 06 Jan 2009
Posts: 44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck you Jorbes. Do you really think you're that fucking important?

The world already has MWS. You can catch a bullet with your face now and disappear.
Back to top
Triggers



Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

some E-hate up there...
Back to top
six
Level 3 Judge


Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 97

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannabeizen wrote:
Fuck you Jorbes. Do you really think you're that fucking important?

The world already has MWS. You can catch a bullet with your face now and disappear.


lol MWS sucks ass, and if this is sarcasm you should go back to school to learn proper syntax.
Back to top
coolcreep



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws is so awesome because if you are losing you can just anticipate when your opp is going to arrow something and then you move it really quick and you win.
Back to top
Kuberr
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
mws is so awesome because if you are losing you can just anticipate when your opp is going to arrow something and then you move it really quick and you win.



This only works if your relative speed to the speed of the card you're moving in mws is 1/12 of the speed fo light. That means you would burst into atoms before the arrow is drawn, hance you die. A Bloody victory indeed!

At all other (constant) speeds; you will lose because you are not allowed to touch your ojebcts before targets are declared.
Back to top
Acid_Christ



Joined: 28 Aug 2004
Posts: 799

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Opt gets the little bugs/kinks worked out, MWS will go the way of the Appr and be obsolete. What will m-l do then?
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
Once Opt gets the little bugs/kinks worked out, MWS will go the way of the Appr and be obsolete. What will m-l do then?


Thats like saying "Hey as soon as Lamex finishes the remake of the site..."
or
"when the moon turns blue and pigs start growing wings, this will finally happen..."
Back to top
coolcreep



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuberr wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
mws is so awesome because if you are losing you can just anticipate when your opp is going to arrow something and then you move it really quick and you win.



This only works if your relative speed to the speed of the card you're moving in mws is 1/12 of the speed fo light. That means you would burst into atoms before the arrow is drawn, hance you die. A Bloody victory indeed!

At all other (constant) speeds; you will lose because you are not allowed to touch your ojebcts before targets are declared.


well then you wait for them to play something that takes control of something, then you say "well, take it" and then you move it, because you NEVER touch your opponent's cards, no matter what.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy