Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sideboard choices

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
smurf1130

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: sideboard choices Reply with quote

i had just noticed that there isnt really enough conversation about strateigic sideboarding so heres what im going to do, im gunna take a reicent top 8 deck and we should talk about the differnt choices that can be made with this persons sideboard with the different matchups. what to take out what to put in, and why
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Stop talking about it, and do it
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the time I play 5cc with Rhox and my SB is

SB: 2 Condemn
SB: 2 Pyroclasm
SB: 1 Wrath of God
SB: 1 Austere Command
SB: 4 Bitterblossom
SB: 1 Glen Elendra Archmage
SB: 3 Guttural Response
SB: 1 Pithing Needle

Its what I brought to the major events this past year and it served me quite well. Bitterblossom was SB'd in most often since faeires were rampant. But this give u a general idea of whats good right now for whats out there.
smurf1130

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main Deck
4 Remove Soul
4 Esper Charm
4 Wrath of God
4 Cryptic Command
4 Resounding Thunder
3 Runed Halo
4 Negate
3 Oblivion Ring
2 Beacon of Immortality
3 Story Circle
1 Oona, Queen of the Fae
2 Vivid Marsh
2 Mistveil Plains
2 Llanowar Wastes
2 Sunken Ruins
3 Mystic Gate
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Vivid Meadow
4 Vivid Creek
2 Vivid Crag

SB
2 Memory Plunder
2 Wheel of Sun and Moon
3 Batwing Brume
3 Condemn
2 Crucible of Worlds
3 Jund Charm

sorry i meant to post this a while ago, so, side board choices against what matchups?
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem with Story Circle in a 3c deck is u need a dedicated set of white to activate it so now your trying to balance prevention and counter mana. if anything put that SB and MD condems. Also, try and find another win condition. 1 beat stick and 4 Thunders won't do it. You basically scoop to anyone play runed halo. not bad, but i'd work on the main deck a little more and then play around a bit with it and see what decks it falls to easily and then build your SB around that
Nikko_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FusionFire wrote:
problem with Story Circle in a 3c deck is u need a dedicated set of white to activate it so now your trying to balance prevention and counter mana. if anything put that SB and MD condems. Also, try and find another win condition. 1 beat stick and 4 Thunders won't do it. You basically scoop to anyone play runed halo. not bad, but i'd work on the main deck a little more and then play around a bit with it and see what decks it falls to easily and then build your SB around that

Because he can't counter it with Negate or Cryptic Command or destroy it with Esper Charm. Or bounce it with Cryptic Command.
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 5 colour control, I like to run something like;
2 Razormane Masticore
3 Condemns
1 Wrath of God
2 Ajani Vengant
3 Bitterblossom
2 Vexing Shusher
2 Glen Elendra Archmage

I say like, because bitterblossoms cost too much for me to bother with. And I do use a different build to you, so i've taken your's into account.
I've put Wrath of god in side because I run 3 Wraths and 2 Firespouts main, just works nicely.
ajani because if you can get it down, it's the nuts in control match-ups. Vexing becuase if it doesn't get killed, it will always help against fae and other control decks.
Masticore is SB becuase it helps against all sorts of decks, and with the level of draw in 5cc you don't need to worry too much about having to sac. it.
Glen, a cheap counter creature.
Condemn because of the number of creatures that are hard to kill, or just come back (Figure, chameleon collousus) and it's cheap.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1