Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiplayer: U/R Cracksico Burress (T2 Legal)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
karnaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer: U/R Cracksico Burress (T2 Legal) Reply with quote

This deck was made just for fun to play in T2 Legal - Multiplayer formats. Since Blue and Red are my favorite colors to play, I want to make a U/R deck thats at least playable. Therefore, I need help from people who are better at Magic than me.

I want a deck that focuses around Crackleburr, because a. the card has awesome art, and b. albeit hard to use, his abilities seem powerful and versatile, and represent Blue and Red very well.

Creatures

4 Mothdust Changeling
4 Crackleburr
4 Noggle Ransacker
3 Dominus of Fealty
3 Mulldrifter
3 Supreme Exemplar
2 Nucklavee

Spells

4 Dragon Fodder
3 Grixis Charm
2 Cryptic Command
2 Incendiary Command
2 Unwilling Recruit
1 Loxodon Warhammer

Lands
4 Crumbling Necropolis
2 Swamp
4 Cascade Bluffs
7 Island
7 Mountain

Dragon Fodder helps Burr's first ability, while Mothdust's tapping engine helps make Burr's second ability easier to play.

Nucklavee brings back the Commands as well as Unwilling Recruit, which is nasty in multiplayer.

The elementals, Mulldrifter, Mothdust, Burr, and Nucklavee, are all targets for Supreme Exemplar.

The weakest card is Noggle Ransacker, which is fun in multiplayer, but not a great 3-drop when compared to the others.

I added Grixis Charm for its bounce ability, as well as its clutch spot removal.

Any ideas will help. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by karnaz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldnt play creatures with weird abilities just to work with crackleburr imo... i saw someone play mono red with crackleburr and other UR stuff (he went turn 1 Stream Hopper, Turn 2 Riverfall Mimic , Turn 3 Crackleburr, Turn 4 use both abilities then swing...)
karnaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those U/R decks are super-quick burn hybrids, usually made for winning 1 v 1 games as fast as possible.

But this is for multiplayer. In games like Free-for-All you might not want to leave yourself open. That might work in team games, but I don't want to swap cards every time we play a different format. I want to have a deck that works well in any multiplayer format.
HdH_Cthulhu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and in free for all games there is always the guy with the 8 Wrath of god effects.
karnaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To try and stop the bleeding from Wrath effects I have the 5 counterspells, Supreme Exemplar (championed Nucklavee?, thanks for the Commands), or even Crackleburr's bounce ability. Is that enough?

Also, anyone got any ideas about changing some cards? Thanks for your time.
HdH_Cthulhu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would personally skip some counters because poeople dont like it whene their stuff gets countered and you will pull some aggro!

Maybe some Mulldrifters instead of some counters?
karnaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty good idea. I think ill replace the dream fractures with Big Daddy Drifts.
karnaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to replace Noggle Ransacker. What would be a better replacement: Noggle Bridgebreaker or Noggle Hedge-Mage?

Noggle Bridgebreaker is a meaty 4/3 (that can, in the right situation, practically only cost three mana) that can survive an Incendiary Command.

Noggle Hedge-Mage can potentially tap two blockers and/or deal two damage to any player.

Which one should I choose? Any other ideas?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1