Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i actually made a good deck and won!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
snoopster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD WORK

BEST OF LUCK IN FUTURE TOURNAMENTS/ ENDEAVORS
jared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I like the part where I click the link and see that the other guy dropped at 2-0. And I like the Dragonite; it shows class among m-l'ers.
Egnirys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it card-by-card look like this one made 4 days earlier:

http://www.magic-league.com/deck/48388/standard_t2.html#Ub%20Faeries9

Or any other UB Faeries for that matter
snoopster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably because he invented it four days earlier

and also because he invented the UB faeries archetype
snoopster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infests maindeck are probably not necessary
snoopster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blockmellow wrote:
any advice on deck? i love dragonite he is so pimpin. i know i actually won a match with it. it made my rating go up from 1290 to 1300 i am in the big teens now!! woot!

13 is the smallest teen, considering 12 isn't a teen at all
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is trying to make a point... but I don't know what it is.

If it is that m-l'ers lacks imagination and creativity, I wholeheartedly agree!

If he thinks that this is a negative trait, though, he is mistaken.

Let me explain. Every day there are several deck ideas put forward on the internet. On this site most new post are of the "deck help" kind and involves for the most part ideas that have been tested, but not optimized. The extensive time and effort it takes to test a deck so that you find out that for instance 3 Agony Warp and 2 terror is better than vice versa (to find out how many games are needed for that, do the math! Most people would guess "fucking many"), is very prohibitive. I will never have the time to do that. Neither would most other people. The optimalization process is therefore restricted to "the pros" (i.e the guys who does nothing but test). And those guys won't post their ideas on the internet! It is very likely, then, that by the time mr. Noobmellow is happy with his deck, somewhere else a "pro" has already optimized his version.

There are no new inventions on this forum. Hence, criticizing people for revolving their ideas around and/or copying existing ideas is a path going nowhere. Claiming "copyright" on a deck idea is pure folly (although an award-winning decklist - not deck idea - could be said to be an original). Advice given on this forum are inherently unoriginal, since new ideas must be compared to what already works.

That is why most of the advice I give are of the mana curve/land count/card power kind.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noob, shut the fuck up. I don't care that you won an 8max Type 2 mini where atleast 1 of your oppos dropped using a deck that wrecks and rapes the meta.

Win with a deck that's not faeries. Bitch.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You have an inferiority complex. Look it up

An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It is often subconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme schizotypal behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority, which can act as an incentive for achievement, an inferiority complex is an advanced state of discouragement, often resulting in a retreat from difficulties.
canibal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant invent faeries. They are just there. You can play and create diffrent versions but not invent.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canibal wrote:
You cant invent faeries. They are just there. You can play and create diffrent versions but not invent.

How did Jacois invent it then?
djanello

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Noobmellow

Sarcasm is all over the place. Even with Cannabeizen (I hope).

People now all get confused and don't get it anymore Rolling Eyes
Karim_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOTTA CATH THEM ALL
ZOMFG
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My anger is placed at someone happy that they won with Faeries...yes, if you play Faeries in this meta and you don't suck (or get really lucky, whichever happened) then you will win. It's really that simple.

But in all actuality, I remember the first mini I won. It was with Grull Aggro. I was really excited, I posted about it in the forums, and I got flamed to holy hell.

I'm just passing the torch.
nusphigor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem of this thread is the lot of aggresion on it, so if you don't want to be flamed then don't be aggresive in the first place.
But that doesn't mean others must be aggresive too.

Now on topic.
Actually I like the deck even though I dont like the main idea of the faeries, there are some things that are a bit different of the actual pro-faeries deck (for lack of a better name), so maybe this is what Noobmellow meant about in the first message.
But, Noobmellow, if you dont want your deck to be used by others than you, then why did you post it? Eventually some would like to play it and as this is a public forum anyone can copy it and use it.

Greetings!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2