Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

conflux.dec (no decklist yet)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
varno345

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be completely honest it just doesn't occur to me about the difference between excel and accel while im typing it out
varno345

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i fixed the deck:
-2 conflux, -1 condemn
+1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, +2 path to exile

also im considering that new anti-red/black instant removal for sideboard and that 5 color angel as a 1 of for the maindeck.
floreskiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I see this deck is no longer Conflux.dec Sad. One thing I might suggest changing is the mana base. Exotic Orchards don't actually do anything because they're conditional Reflecting Pools at best, and if your opponent is playing Kithkin, it's going to be a Plains. Combine that with Reflecting Pool and you have more colorless lands. Also take a look at the Twilight Mire which seems out of place. All it can cast is 2/3 of a Broodmate Dragon and 2/7 of a Cruel Ultimatum. Then you should feel pretty awkward sitting there with a Twilight Mire and no way to produce UUU.
Oh, and by the way, your 20-0 record shows nothing. Just that you're better than the mwsplay idiots that think Storm is not a triggered ability. When you play in a sanctioned event that actually matters with not-idiots, you'll be wondering, "Hmm the deck did well in testing against that land destruction guy and that Reaper King.dec guy. But why can't I win??"
varno345

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floreskiller wrote:
So I see this deck is no longer Conflux.dec Sad. One thing I might suggest changing is the mana base. Exotic Orchards don't actually do anything because they're conditional Reflecting Pools at best, and if your opponent is playing Kithkin, it's going to be a Plains. Combine that with Reflecting Pool and you have more colorless lands. Also take a look at the Twilight Mire which seems out of place. All it can cast is 2/3 of a Broodmate Dragon and 2/7 of a Cruel Ultimatum. Then you should feel pretty awkward sitting there with a Twilight Mire and no way to produce UUU.
Oh, and by the way, your 20-0 record shows nothing. Just that you're better than the mwsplay idiots that think Storm is not a triggered ability. When you play in a sanctioned event that actually matters with not-idiots, you'll be wondering, "Hmm the deck did well in testing against that land destruction guy and that Reaper King.dec guy. But why can't I win??"

Lol yeah, but im still probably gonna put that angel in and if i do im gonna put probably 1 conflux in because if i hit with the angel conflux is free, but yeah i've played in/against my fnm buddy with this deck and he's not an idiot and it's done fairly well...also is Fae getting anythign new in the set or just countersquall, possibly nicol bolas for a small splash of R.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some sort of Storm build?

If you either hardcast this or hitting it off a Desire seems like a guaranteed win.
Mirage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: conflux.dec (no decklist yet) Reply with quote

Conflux is bad. After a certain cost is reached on a sorcery, that sorcery needs to win you the game or be evasive somehow (demonfire, dragonstorm). Otherwise any other earlier draw or cheaper tutor effects are much more mathematically advantageous.

Mulldrifter is better than Conflux. I've tapped a Mulldrifter for lethal damage before. Ever tap a Conflux? I didn't think so. Mulldrifter comes down at a time in the game when you still need the gas, not long after you've provided yourself the resources that you should have been able to win with anyway.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3