Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

conflux.dec (no decklist yet)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
What you will have to ask yourself at one point, is whether or not Conflux makes the deck better.

That decklist is capable of winning without Conflux, that is true. But is it optimal with Conflux in there? Is it needed? Is it even necessary?

Using the same argument, I am sure you could go 20-0 against various decks (on m-l) with 2 Bog Hoodlums instead of Conflux. Hell! I am sure you could beat face with Hoodlums game after game, having a good (evil) laugh all the while.
- But I assure you, the deck wouldn't be optimized with that waste of cardboard in it.

I think I am going to have to agree with you on this, so should i replace conflux with bog hoodlums or wat should fill it's place?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varno345 wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:
What you will have to ask yourself at one point, is whether or not Conflux makes the deck better.

That decklist is capable of winning without Conflux, that is true. But is it optimal with Conflux in there? Is it needed? Is it even necessary?

Using the same argument, I am sure you could go 20-0 against various decks (on m-l) with 2 Bog Hoodlums instead of Conflux. Hell! I am sure you could beat face with Hoodlums game after game, having a good (evil) laugh all the while.
- But I assure you, the deck wouldn't be optimized with that waste of cardboard in it.

I think I am going to have to agree with you on this, so should i replace conflux with bog hoodlums or wat should fill it's place?

Wouldn't it be a regular Cruel Control/5c control variation without Conflux? I would copy and play a Cruel Control deck that is optimized in its meta - only that it would be optimized for my meta instead.
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NotCirca wrote:
No, you lied. So I blame you for lying.

What's even more pathetic than those "scrubs" on mwsplay.net is you feeling like you need to lie about your results in an online forum to somehow justify that atrocity you created.

Good luck in the future.

lol just remember every1 made fun of manuel B's quick'n toast deck in hollywood too, until it did good.....
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
varno345 wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:

Wouldn't it be a regular Cruel Control/5c control variation without Conflux? I would copy and play a Cruel Control deck that is optimized in its meta - only that it would be optimized for my meta instead.

ah ok, i was actually thinking about taking the esper charms and 1 of something else out of the deck and putting in esper charms for those stupid enchantments.....thnx for the suggestions
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20-0 is entirely possible on MWS play Ive been oveer 30-0 in the process of testing what was essentially an early version of angelfire. The opponents are often weak the decks equally so, a good deck with good play 20-0 and higher perfectly possible.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, NotCirca has a point, unless you play against 20 noobs.

Please note that I was somewhat positive with my comment while still showing you the faults of using this card.

Hideaway I didn't think about, but that is Situational at it's best.

I look foward to seeing how well you do with this deck idea. Maybe you'll make Teir 2 or who knows, Teir 1 with it.

Don't give up!
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you're playtesting against 5c Elemental Jank.dec you are wasting your time, for the most part.

We need an official Magic-League Type 2 DeckTesting channel!
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree with you, also i will find a way to play conflux and gurantee a win in the same turn...it's just a matter of how i build my deck and rebuild it after tearing it down for a new idea....also im gonna need some quality playtest partners if anyone is interested....
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this card is insane in limited, and obviously unplayable in constructed
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know it's insane in limited, but sometimes limited cards can do a cross over and do fairly well in constructed which im trying to do this time.
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exactly is this insane in limited? By the time you get to 8 mana the game will be over, or mostly over.
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think it will be because it could be slow like shards of alara started off as, plus u have dudes that u can sac to make all 5 colors of mana and u can also just stall the game out with removal and such then refill with good monsters.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varno345 wrote:
im not considering it to be the center piece...i just want it in a 5c ramp deck that uses garruk/fertile ground to excel into bombs, but that will be the card draw and i can have some cool bombs in there too.

excel huh? im not sure thats a word or even an abbreviation... please check what you type before you submit it or people wont take you seriously...
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ik wrote:
varno345 wrote:
im not considering it to be the center piece...i just want it in a 5c ramp deck that uses garruk/fertile ground to excel into bombs, but that will be the card draw and i can have some cool bombs in there too.

excel huh? im not sure thats a word or even an abbreviation... please check what you type before you submit it or people wont take you seriously...

yeah im pretty sure everyone here knows wat im talking about so goodbye, and plz watch wat u type and submit because people don't come on to forums to be hassled and harrassed by people like you who find a need to be an english teacher in a free forum.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is excel easier and faster to write than for example accel?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3