Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Esper - Dirt Off Your Shoulders

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
macadami

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Esper - Dirt Off Your Shoulders Reply with quote

So far I've been unbeaten with this deck, its ultra control and is guaranteed to piss off your opponent but unfortunately these types of decks always dominate the metagame. As if the 'combo' wasn't obvious enough, you stay alive until you've got 5 to 6 mana then regurgitate scourglass over and over with sharuum. Lots of card draw, lots of removal, and lots of defense. Metallurgeon to tidehollow strix and you've got a regenerating deathtouch that's sure to eat up an obv ring or two. Some would argue taking it out and adding tezzerets or running more counters main, but in my play testing, that just isnt needed. Etheriums to draw removal, or side in the other 2 to speed up your damage, and the resounding wave is played vs anyone who has an abnormally large amount of CIP tapped lands.

Lands

4 Arcane Sanctum
5 Island
6 Swamp
5 Plains
4 Seaside Citadel

Creatures
2 Metallurgeon
4 Sharuum the Hegemon
4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Tower Gargoyle
2 Master of Etherium
2 Tidehollow Strix

Spells

3 Agony Warp
2 Courier's Capsule
3 Esper Charm
4 Scourglass
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Punish Ignorance

Sideboard

2 Master of Etherium
2 Agony Warp
2 Punish Ignorance
2 Tidehollow Strix
3 Executioner's Capsule
4 Resounding Wave

As always please comment in a healthy manner, relevant to the Shards Block Very Happy

Last edited by macadami on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big titties

also, please remind me how sharuum allows you to play scourglass over and over and over again.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

momentary blink obv.
macadami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I tried to explain the card interaction as easily as possible, if you still can't figure it out after reading the card descriptions perhaps Magic is just not your game
Sad
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 you Macadami.

We built the same deck except I didn't see the scourglass combo. Yours definitely looks better.
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he is right to ask

i only see how you could use it 3 times, bringing scourglass back with sharuuk. Not saying that that shouldn't be enough, but you shouldn't say you could do it over and over again

Poor choice of words but a fun looking deck.

Cryptic command>punish ignorance

Master should be a 4-off and you should put 4 strix in the sideboard for your control match-ups

-1 scour, -1 o-ring, +2 esper/capsule (whatever combonation you want)
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirt off your Shoulders? I don't get it.
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is macadami and Cannabeizen the only ones seeing this "combo"?
To mere mortals it only looks like you are recurring a scourglass once.
macadami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with this setup you can wipe the board 8 times drawing the cards needed, stick in some sanctum gargoykes for more, but if you cant win with a 5/5 flyer and a clean board 8 times, there is a serious problem
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not add soul warden to gain infinite life?
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What decks exactly have you beat because this deck looks like it does not beat even 1 of the established decks on paper.
macadami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've beat the Jund Token and quite a few variants of it, around 6-10 times now, WW only a couple, and probably 5-6 other games with other random block decks. Jund token seemed to be the most played this weekend, 3 and 4 color variants, from 3 to 9 PW's. There were no surprises post sideboard from any of the decks but those predator dragons and caldera hellions really hated resounding wave.

The most trouble i had was from a janky GR 'burn' deck that main'd naturalize, obv ring, with haste creatures, DD, and resounding roar. I don't think it could've beat the Jund deck, maybe WW, but it was too random to control damage.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1