Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn 2 Win in T2: Infinitely Unlikely Yet Infinite Elves

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the logs you seem like an awful nob. You realise that if people treated you the way you treated that guy, no one would ever bother sticking around for a game. Have some respect for other players.
And also your deck loses to a single removal spell on Heritage Druid, this idea isnt new.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of Elfball lists for T2 that combo out and win the same turn. With alot less thinking involved.
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tweaked it a bit to my liking and played vs burn in a match. Doesn't seem to have a bad matchup here though. Beat him turn 4 game 1. Lost to firespout on a mull to 5 with a terrible hand. Comboed turn 5 while he was tapped out (could have turn 4 but didn't wanna walk into anything). The deck is fun but kind of a headache. Seems like a decent build vs burn especially with primal main. Idk if I like it better than overrun/garruk versions or even ones with splash distant melody/roar of the crowd, but it is fun and seems pretty consistent. Also not sure how good bridge is as it slowed me down quite a bit and I never got lucky enuf to get a decent spell to put under em.

The list I tried was this:
// Lands
4 LRW Gilt-Leaf Palace
4 10E Llanowar Wastes
4 LRW Mosswort Bridge
6 TSP Forest
//\\
// Creatures
4 EVE Nettle Sentinel
4 MOR Heritage Druid
4 ALA Elvish Visionary
4 LRW Elvish Harbinger
4 ALA Skullmulcher
4 10E Llanowar Elves
1 EVE Regal Force
2 LRW Garruk Wildspeaker
//\\
// Spells
4 LRW Elvish Promenade
4 MOR Hunting Triad
3 LRW Primal Command
4 LRW Gilt-Leaf Ambush
//\\
// Sideboard
4 LRW Imperious Perfect
4 LRW Thoughtseize
3 SHM Guttural Response
4 LRW Jagged-Scar Archers

I tend to also like regal force more in the overrun/garruk versions and though he is nice under a bridge you really should be winning already if you have 10 power on the board. So I left the miser's copy in.
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for your 5cc match up, i say drop the archers for a set of fulminator mages
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A god hand for this deck is heritage druid +3 nettle sentinels. I play it all the time, but I phear the counterz and the wraths and the pyroclasms and the firespouts.........
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profane Command could be a win for sure. I think that would be the way to go as far as a same turn win.
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannabeizen wrote:
A god hand for this deck is heritage druid +3 nettle sentinels. I play it all the time, but I phear the counterz and the wraths and the pyroclasms and the firespouts.........

Yeah I have tested extended elf ball a bit and its really easy to play around wrath/firespout/pyro.

I played vs 5CC and I seized him on turn one and saw 4 land, drifter, spout, wrath. I won on turn 4. Like I said its easy to play around sorcery speed wipers. If they have jund charm it is a little harder but its still easy enough to go off through hate.

I don't know if elfball can ever be tier 1, but in the right metagame it is a very solid choice. Btw I threw the archers in there for the fae matchup cuz I like em better than random hexhunters that hardly ever do anything cuz they die to Everything whereas archers normally only die to terror or get stolen.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:

Yeah I have tested extended elf ball a bit and its really easy to play around wrath/firespout/pyro.

You realize we are talking about T2, right? Elves are no where near as fast in this format.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he is a special case. and so are you. be polite please. next.

Quote:
i think its funny how people of the "mediocre stock" immediately go to insulting to boost their low self confidence.

Someone call Craze, his title as "biggest hypocrite on #ML" just got stolen.
dragon1299

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ LOL!
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
Quote:
he is a special case. and so are you. be polite please. next.

Quote:
i think its funny how people of the "mediocre stock" immediately go to insulting to boost their low self confidence.

Someone call Craze, his title as "biggest hypocrite on #ML" just got stolen.

I love how your insane obsession with me manages to cover topics I didn't even post in... Seriously dude, get help.

noobmellow wrote:
Of course I am a hypocrite. I am from the glorious United States of America! We do things like false flag operations and the red scare.

Don't blame your flaws on my country. America doesn't force you to be a douche, you do that on your own.

noobmellow wrote:
On a magic note, I never started with the premise of this A post on a forum does not constitute a judgement of the power of my intellect or even the power of yours.

Read 90% of what coolcreep writes and you'll begin to question this theory of yours.
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:

*not a noob no more

says who?
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:
i will delete your posting as they do not make the deck better. i chose how i am and am not a noob.
~blockmellow

You don't stop being a noob because you say so. Also you can't delete someone elses comment.
liandri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:
I am not asking you to play it. I am asking you to try it out and see what you think.

Correct me if im wrong, but you ARE asking people to play it. So how can a
noobmellow wrote:
*not a noob no more
make the stupid mistake of contradicting himself?
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me looks at Craze's post
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3