Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isreal vs Palestine

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

What Should America's Stance Be On This Situation?
We must defend Israel at all costs!
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Israel is only doing this so it's government will win the love of it's people and get relected in the upcoming elections.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Put up a 20-foot-tall wall around these guys, take away their guns and missles and let them fight to the death with big sticks. If they decided to be friends, nuke em.
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
America needs to stay out of foreign politics. Didn't anyone listen to George Washington's warning as he left office?
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
I could really care less. This doesn't and will never affect me in any way. The only reason I clicked on this topic was to flame all the *tards.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
The end is nigh. God will soon call his chosen to heaven and the tribulation period will begin. Repent now before it is too late!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Isreal vs Palestine Reply with quote

I want to know what everyone's opinion is on this subject. Magic-League has players from every country with internet access, so I'm sure there's a thousand different views.

For those who don't know, the conflict started back up after a successful ceasefire around November or so.

Israel stopped money, food, medicine, goods, etc from coming into Gaza so Hamas started shooting rockets at Israel. Israel retaliated by bombing the hell out of Gaza then invading.

So far, about 5 Israelis have died (apparently reported as all friendly fire) and a number above 500 Gazans have died. A lot of civilians in Gaza are dead.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited by Cannabeizen on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Serigado

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religious fanaticism on both sides, let them kill eachother.
No one is right, but Israelite actions are more abusive, because they have more power and international support.
And Hamas is far from being a simple terrorist organization.

My resolution for the conflict - take off israelites from occupied terrotories and let there be a new start.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamas bombed Israel, Israel defended itself. Israel just happens to have much better bombs.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serigado wrote:
Religious fanaticism on both sides, let them kill eachother.

What that entire area of the world needs is to just duke it out with zero outside interference. No Peacekeepers, no U.N. sanctions, no fucking rules. We need a battle and we need a victor. Or more appropriately; they need a battle, and they need a victor.

Peace.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creep: Israel broke the ceasefire when they blockaded Gaze. The missiles were a retaliation.

What about all the innocent civilians who are caught up in all this? What if you were an innocent civilian?
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
Hamas bombed Israel, Israel defended itself. Israel just happens to have much better bombs.

Said perfectly, if it was the other way around, Israel bombed palestine during a ceasefire then there would be international outrage, but Hamas bombed Isreal and no one gave a shit.

The force maybe be out of proportion, but how do you fight an army that hides weapons in public place (apparently, I cannot prove Hamas did or did not use Mosques, but that is what is claimed). Israel does try ot hit political targets, whilst Hamas were happy to aim at civilians, so in my eyes Hamas are no better than suicide bombers who kill innocent people.

I know that I haven't made a coherant arguement there, and I don't support Isreal's right to be where they are, but they're there now, and it's not going to change, and that's not the issue we're talking about.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannabeizen wrote:
Creep: Israel broke the ceasefire when they blockaded Gaze. The missiles were a retaliation.

What about all the innocent civilians who are caught up in all this? What if you were an innocent civilian?

Also note it is always bad form for your missles to hit UN-run schools.
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannabeizen wrote:
Cannabeizen wrote:

Also note it is always bad form for your missles to hit UN-run schools.

How do you fight an army that hides weapons in public places? Hamas claim no one was there, whilst Israel claim that after that attack two key members of Hamas have now disappeared.
Craze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why America would get involved with this situation. It's none of our business and we have enough problems of our own to deal with.
Our massive Economic Crisis for one...
ChuckNorris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

680 Palestinians dead to 10 Israelis dead. But of course the Palestinians had it coming. I bet all 1.5 million people in Gaza has a missile hanging out in their basement. I bet they all hate jews. None of them need to eat or have electricity or running water, right?
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was the option for: "Settle it through a free for all game of chaos multiplayer"?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA and Israel are two sides of the same coin. They are close allies and America is one of the biggest if not the biggest economic supporter of the Israeli army.

So there is a missing poll option: "Pull the U.S out of Israel immediately!"

... And who do you think Hamas buys missiles from? Camel-riding arabs?

Hamas has missiles - why do they aim at completely useless targets (from a military point of view)? Surely they could have hit a military outpost or surveillance/communication building if they wanted to?

I stopped listening to the corporate media and state controlled "news reports" a good while ago. I wish someone would take a look at how many sources of information the entire world's mass media use for their news broadcasts. The vast majority of information comes from Reuters and 2-3 other large news beuraus, who are then shaping not only how the report looks and what it contains, but also where the report comes from in the first place.

It is now silent in Mumbay and Beijing. Anyone remember what went on there recently? Is it still going on? Noone knows because no reports emerge from there.

It is your responsibility to wonder why this is so.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracon_ian wrote:
How do you fight an army that hides weapons in public places? Hamas claim no one was there, whilst Israel claim that after that attack two key members of Hamas have now disappeared.

And both sides will tell the truth, no matter what.

ChuckNorris wrote:
680 Palestinians dead to 10 Israelis dead. But of course the Palestinians had it coming. I bet all 1.5 million people in Gaza has a missile hanging out in their basement. I bet they all hate jews. None of them need to eat or have electricity or running water, right?

Very good point.

I really do agree with Craze on this, we have better things to do other than get involved with more Mess-O-Potamia craziness, but Israel KNOWS that the US won't take their shit anymore once Obama gets into office.

My faith is renewed after I watched Obama's response to the Israel-Gaza conflict. In summation, he said: I'm not president yet so I can't do shit, but when January 20th roles around, America isn't babying Israel anymore.

Christians beware, YOUR apocalypse is near. Hopefully you will go to another plane of existence. I'm really tired of you fucking up the state.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take offense to that last comment. Not EVERY Christian supports Israel - I for one do not. I'm sorry for WW2, but the West had no right to dump the Jewish population on top of the Palestinians because we didn't feel like taking care of the problem ourselves. Biblical prophecy is for God to fulfill, not us. And anyone who calls himself/herself a Christian and supports Israel as a state or their actions since being put there need to realize that that just doesn't make sense in a moral sense, and morality is far more important than any vague understanding of prophecy you might have. Stealing people's homes and killing them is wrong. But then you think about Hawaii or the very ground I'm typing this from, and that's the US way - kill and steal and blame the other guy.
Malice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a political science student, so maybe may opinion may have a little more clout. As we have seen through centuries, the Jewish people have always been oppressed due to their religion and after WW2 the Allied countries came together and decided that the Jewish people need their own state so that they would no longer "go into the gas chambers" anymore. Whether they should have dumped them on top of Palestine is another debate, but they are there now. The issue is that they need to protect themselves from people who support a radical religion that calls for the destruction of Israel and the deaths of all Jewish people. As a civilized nation we just can't let that happen. We need to be sure that Israel isn't using American support to overstep its boundaries, but they do have the right to defend themselves. On an additional level, Israel is a Democratic ally in a part of the world that doesn't have many Democracies and that is a good influence for the middle east. So I believe Israel needs to defend itself but not over-reach its boundaries.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3