Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blightning aggro

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Hell's Thunder or Boggart Ram-Gang?
Hell's Thunder
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Boggart Ram-Gang
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Blightning aggro Reply with quote

Hi! Local FNM is tomorrow and I just can't decide which to play: Hell's Thunder or Boggart Ram-Gang. My list is the following:

4 Figure of Destiny
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Demigod of Revenge
4 ???

4 Bitterblossom

4 Blightning
4 Flame Javelin
4 Incinerate
4 Tarfire

9 Mountain
4 Graven Cairns
4 Sulfurous Springs
4 Auntie's Hovel
3 Ghitu Encampment

My meta has Kithkins, Planeswalkers, MonoG aggro, budget Bant Aggro/Control, RDW, 5cc, Cruel Control...
The point in Thunder is that we DON'T HAVE FAE. (I hope... Very Happy)

Please help me!
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ram-Gang decreases the chance of Auntie's Hovel coming into play tapped. That can be significant. I wouldn't play 4 Hell's Thunder anyways. Its use is too narrow - it is like a 3cc burn spell at sorcery speed with Flashback.

What about playing both? 2 Ram-Gang, 2 Hell's Thunder?
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I want to go all-in. The point in Hell's Thunder is that it has got fly. Whereas the gang has wither. Thunder can be very nice lategame with nice unearth. We don't really have flyers in the decks except for the budget deck which should be so easy to beat, so it doesn't count. Very Happy It's only weak vs fae, but as I said it above, that can't be seen these days.
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general point of Hell's Thunder is not that it has flying, but that it is 8 damage in one card, even though it costs a total of 8 mana for all of it, this allows you to have more threats/burn spells for other use.

I would definitely go with 4 Hell's Thunder.
[ms]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its pretty obvious with that meta what the right choice is
lol

why even ask, when you know the answer
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ms] wrote:
its pretty obvious with that meta what the right choice is
lol

why even ask, when you know the answer

You know I want to hear people's thoughts before I make a decision. Smile
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would move one Mogg Fanatic to the side for 3 Ram-Gang and 2 Hell's Thunder. The only 2 matches that you really need the Mogg are Kithkin, the Mono-G, and maybe the Bant deck. If they run mana guys.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of playing Blightning Aggro, why don't YOU play fae and give the meta a good ole FUCK YOU.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannabeizen wrote:
Instead of playing Blightning Aggro, why don't YOU play fae and give the meta a good ole FUCK YOU.

Well at least I'm polite and am not playing a faggot. You should grow up instead of flaming people all day long.

I don't play Fae, because the financial side of the deck is just terrible. I don't have Commands, Thoughtseizes and Refl. Pools.

The other thing is that I hate those little guys. That's why I'm playing Blightning Aggro. It has 60-40 chance against fae.

Thank you for constructive comment and ideas.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he was flaming you, dude. Anyways, I'm much more fond of the Hell's Thunder, though I agree that a 3/2 ratio wouldn't be that bad.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that gang is a goblin to show for hovel makes this situation so narrow.

I like thunder in this deck much more. I used to play RDW and thunder was a shit in it, but now it shows it's real power. I think I'm gonna play 4 Thunders.
hawt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

play rock on deck
Lands
10 [SHM] Island (1)
7 [SHM] Mountain (1)
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs

// Creatures
2 [LRW] Jace Beleren
3 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
2 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae
3 [SHM] Sygg, River Cutthroat

// Spells
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
3 [LRW] Incendiary Command
4 [LRW] Lash Out
4 [LRW] Ponder
4 [EVG] Tarfire
2 [SHM] Knollspine Invocation
4 [EVE] Puncture Blast

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [MOR] Declaration of Naught
SB: 2 [MOR] Negate
SB: 4 [SHM] Consign to Dream
SB: 4 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 2 [EVE] Nucklavee
hawt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i will play 4 hell too
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play Thunder tomorrow, but I'm open for any other ideas of using that card. Or gang.

I think I'll inform you about the results and the final list of decks. I haven't played at my original local FNM store, so I'm a bit out of sight at decks. Smile
silver_spawn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Ram-Gangs. In so much aggro maches, having a nice blocker is sometime the difference between winning or loosing. Besides I would play Siege-Gang Commander over Demigod, it just does so much more. Demigod is crap against all these Blossoms and Spectral Processions. Also Mogg Fanatic is so bad. He cant kill a think - Sower, Knight of Meadowgrain, Imperious perfect -all important thinks to kill. Play Murderous Redcap instead - crazy things going on with Siege-Gang. And finally - Magma Spray over Tarfire. You want to rfg Kitchen Finks, don't you?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2