Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New planeswalker build i call FOG WALKERS...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Karim_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the key cards in planeswalker decks are wrath of god, condemn , and 8 cards for mana acceleration ( mind stone , fertile ground ) .. always 4 finks .. dont know if cards like angelsong and holyday are that good
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have 8 cards in main that are useless against anything but Kithkin and RDW, you should have 8 cards in sideboard that are good vs the other decks you will encounter.

And yes you need Wrath of God. 4 of.

2 Fertile Ground is useless. 4 of or 0 of.

There must be better options for win conditions or mana fix than Rhox War Monk, Spectral Procession and Prismatic Omen. I would also say that Mulldrifter without cip-abuse like Makeshift Mannequin, Reveillark or some sort of Momentary Blink effect is not very powerful. Maybe you would be better off with a card like Tidings.
Kev
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea! But i really dislike the Ajani Goldmane in the deck.

I would build something like this:

4 Kitchen Finks
2 Realm Razer

4 Fertile ground
4 Mind Stone

4 Naya Charm
4 Wrath of God
2 Hallowed Burial

3 Chandra
3 Garruk
4 Ajani Vengeant
3 Elspeth

23 asorted lands (including Treetop Village and Mutavault)

If you can Fog the two turns that Chandra is out, you can Nuke the World Smile

I would also like to see a version with Liliana Vess, she is badass! It also looks rly good to tutor up 2 wrath effects or more plainswalkers!
p_dadi24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev wrote:

4 Kitchen Finks
2 Realm Razer

4 Fertile ground
4 Mind Stone

4 Naya Charm
4 Wrath of God
2 Hallowed Burial

3 Chandra
3 Garruk
4 Ajani Vengeant
3 Elspeth

I would also like to see a version with Liliana Vess, she is badass! It also looks rly good to tutor up 2 wrath effects or more plainswalkers!

I like the idea of the deck, finks is really good rampant growth is better than mind stone as it produces no color which a multi-color deck like this needs, and it thins ur lib late game for better draws ( hence pseudo mind stone). Wrath of God might be worth looking into, for additional fun try that 3 cc blue take another turn without untap, or rings of brightearth.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: bad idea Reply with quote

Maniacbob wrote:
Playing ajani goldmane and ajani vengeant is a stupid idea because they will kill each other when they are into play.

Really? I would think that Ajani Goldmane is spelled differently than Ajani Vengeant. As far as I know, it is not the card type that is checked for the legendary effect, but card name. I haven't checked the rules though, so I may be wrong about this.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are wrong, if a goldmane and vengant are in play they will kill each other and goldmane is rubbish anyway.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should really use naya charm as its "tap creatures" option will work like a fog most times.

Last edited by Sprouts on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kev
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p_dadi03 wrote:
Kev wrote:

4 Kitchen Finks
2 Realm Razer

4 Fertile ground
4 Mind Stone

4 Naya Charm
4 Wrath of God
2 Hallowed Burial

3 Chandra
3 Garruk
4 Ajani Vengeant
3 Elspeth

I like the idea of the deck, finks is really good rampant growth is better than mind stone as it produces no color which a multi-color deck like this needs, and it thins ur lib late game for better draws ( hence pseudo mind stone). Wrath of God might be worth looking into, for additional fun try that 3 cc blue take another turn without untap, or rings of brightearth.

With current manabases its perfectly fine to Mind Stone. Its effect of being ale to cycle is also not to be neglected! Thinning your deck is way overrated
zturchan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mean underrated?
Kev
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zturchan wrote:
do you mean underrated?

No, i mean overrated. Thinning one or two lands out of your deck only increases your average spelldraw over 5-6 turns by half a card. Thats not enough for me to make it matter.
NTKProjects

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: bad idea Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
Maniacbob wrote:
Playing ajani goldmane and ajani vengeant is a stupid idea because they will kill each other when they are into play.

Really? I would think that Ajani Goldmane is spelled differently than Ajani Vengeant. As far as I know, it is not the card type that is checked for the legendary effect, but card name. I haven't checked the rules though, so I may be wrong about this.

Dont worry about how it spelled. In Planeswalkers rules, if two planeswalkers have the same subtype, both goes to graveyard. Cos get two types of Ajani in the same deck is the worst u can do --> Dead cards in hand.

-NTK-
Kev
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can cut procession, its only really good with Windrbrisk Heights, which isn't in your deck. There are a lot of cards that are stronger. I would also run more acceleration and filterlands in your deck.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Mindstones are just as useless as 2 Fertile Ground. If you want acceleration it needs to be in your opening hand every game or it is a waste of card slots.

1-2 cc spells > 50% of card slots
3 cc spells > 25% of card slots
4+ cc spells > 25% of card slots in control decks, in other deck types a lot lot less.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2