Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pauper Magic, specified b&r list

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks

Should Momentary Blink see restrictions in Pauper ?
Momentary Blink should get banned.
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Momentary Blink does not need to be banned.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Mulldrifter should be banned.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Pauper Magic, specified b&r list Reply with quote

In the last master, we saw Blink decks dominating the Extended Pauper format.

Therefore, I am starting this poll to see whether you'd like Momentary Blink banned or not, the idea of this poll is not to decide about banning Momentary Blink. That decision is made by staff only. But we can see how the players think about Momentary Blink
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think mulldrifter is the more degenerate card in a format full of commons.
FreshVeggies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a breakdown of the decks used in the master anywhere? Maybe Aggro just didn't make a very dominant show in the master like people thought so everyone played control decks which would lose to a WUx deck.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pauper Master T8 decks: http://www.magic-league.com/decks/archive/53/1x_pauper.html

---

"Blink Decks" made up 4 of the top 8; but UR Storm won the Master. This was only the first large-scale pauper tournament so people will need a chance to meta for blink decks. I say leave things alone until you get more data.

I would suggest running more 8/16 max ext Pauper minis. If Blink decks consistently WIN, then there is a problem.
FreshVeggies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant all the decks for the event, not just the top 8s, but you are exactly right, we need more time to break this meta.
mrwegle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that problem isn't blink or drifter.
The problem was that most of us found this deck in internet changed 0-12 card and played master.For example I played 6 rounds in master and 4 of them was blink. If m-l wants continie with this format we just need wait when the meta will change (I sure it will),if not then ban it.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've heard a few ideas now and I think we need to wait a while before changing the banned & restricted list of Pauper. Blink is not dominating and can be easily beaten (controldecks?)
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree more testing needs to be done and more than likely alot of the decks were just copy/paste and not much thought was put into it. Im afraid it just won't be that big of a format to ever warrant a banned list.

Was Cranial Plating banned after some major testing, or was it just banned outright because its bad ass?

IMO, tutor cards are what need to be checked into being banned. Trinket Mage case in point.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Mulldrifter not be an issue? In the format it is a 3 for 1 trade that has a free 10 turn clock. With signets you can even power it out faster.
Ownj00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm one of the active members of pdcmagic.com that has been playing these pauper formats for years now, and i can safely say that blink isn't degenerate.

orzhov blink and WBU blink decks were hugely popular when we first started playing pauper extended (then called Future Extended, because it was about a year before the official rotations would take effect). the deck is very solid, and its one of the first decks that jumps out at you when you first sit down to brainstorm ideas. this made it disproportionately popular for a long while.

but after time, the deck became less and less of a problem as the less obvious decks slowly popped up as people discovered them. the format has the tools to make blink fair, and many people think it's not even in the very top tier anymore.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ownj00

Is this something only done online?
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at first I thought the deck needed either blink or mulldrifter banned, but now I think giving people a chance to beat the deck is a better route. Also, this is probably the last time ext. pauper will be a "big deal" to the site, as other formats are only chosen as masters on christmas.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1