Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anything wrong with 64 bit Vista?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Aion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Anything wrong with 64 bit Vista? Reply with quote

I might have to use a 64 bit Vista operating system soon and I was wondering if there are any incompatibility issues with any of the programs used on Magic-league and 64 bit Vista or if anyone knows any other issues that I could have with 64 bit Vista in general.

Thanks,
Neo
jazzbat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 64-bit Vista and I have not experienced any problems with the M-L site or MWS. However, one of my friends also has it and has had issues with changing themes in MWS.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some issues with my MWS randomly one day, well I say randomly but I had just installed the entire Visual Studio 08 Pro package + so I assume that changed some registry value or windows configuration and it wouldn't let me load any of the decks I had saved on MWS into the M-L site, even after I reinstalled I still had issues. What I did to fix it was change the preferences in MWS Deckbuilder to run in Administator mode, that fixed everything.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was weird for a while...i forget why tho..

p.s. i'm helpful
Socks3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with it, per say. Just make sure you do all the installs in the right spots.
Aion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean installs in the right places?
Socks3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't install to any system folders (Like the Program Files folder) and you'll be fine. Best placeto install it on Vista is probably My Documents.
jazzbat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder with no difficulties.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1