Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Race.....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
FusionFire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Death Race..... Reply with quote

So I finally just finished watching Death Race for the first time. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/ for those of you that are unfamiliar with it) Personally it was a mediocre movie with predictable story lines and only slightly impressive visual effects and stunts. But you really can't expect much more from a movie like that.

Now here's my question: knowing that this is not a movie that will make it to any type award ballot, it is obvious that this movie was designed to make bank. To make money you need a target audience. Now the target audience for this movie is fairly obvious. And bringing in a actor like Jason Statham means they were willing to pay a decent amount towards the production of the film, which worldwide grossed a litle over $72 million.

Now automatically you have a standard "shoot-em up flick" audience that will go see this film, in addition to the Jason Statham fans who will see this movie. The thing that blows my mind is why would the producers of this movie NOT petition or approach Sony or SingleTrac in an attempt to create the first Twisted Metal motion picture???? All this movie needs is a change in character names and slight story line changes and *bang* there you have it. Now you have a pre established base audience AND a insanely massive following from the Twisted Metal gaming community (which from personal experience is amazingly large).

So anyone got anything to add on....just figured I'd give you something to think about....
ZW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is that I saw the preview for this movie about a year ago and it made me laugh histerically because I knew this was going to be a retarded movie. Also, I saw a preview a few weeks ago that was advertising how when you watched it, you could see clips from the next X-Men. LOL.
hawt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude the movie is aswome you don't watch the movie for the storie but for the action in the movie ist f*** cool

any way i like it Smile
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Death Race a lot. It was an action based movie with interesting characters and pretty good plot. The only real thing I didn't like about it was the corny monologue at the end.

Now to answer your question as to why it isn't just called Twisted Metal, is because it's nothing like Twisted Metal.

For one the plot is entirely different. Twisted Metal games allowed anyone to join in order to win a wish to get anything they wanted in the entire world.

Death Race gave the opportunity for certain prisoners to enter in the hopes of eventually winning their freedom.

For two the characters/cars were different. Twisted Metal had a variety of different types of cars AND characters. Hell it's famous for an evil clown in an ice cream truck!

Death Race gave a variety of characters, but the cars mostly were modern day cars or trucks just loaded with machine guns.

In fact now that I think about it, the only REAL similarity between the two is that people are trying to kill each other in cars. And even that is a lot different as in Death Race it is an actual Race where really no one HAS to die. While in Twisted Metal it's not a race at all but just a "Death Derby."

Also the movie for the most part was not to just "make bank." As you call it. You can tell this because it lacks the easiest method for a movie to make money and thats on screen endorsements. Go watch a Will Smith or Keeanu Reeves movie and you will see like 10,000 advertisements from everything like fast food to shoes. That's where the real money is, and the only real thing Death Race endorsed were cars(The Mustang in particular), and thats kinda hard NOT to do being the purpose of the movie is racing civilian type cars.

In conclusion you seemed to have made this thread to look smart and most of your opinions fell short of that purpose.

Last edited by Craze on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ggerg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my boredom has made me flick boogers at the computer screen
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg wrote:
my boredom has made me flick boogers at the computer screen

haha.

Anyone seen Death Race 2000?
Delicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
I liked Death Race a lot. It was an action based movie with interesting characters and pretty good plot. The only real thing I didn't like about it was the corny monologue at the end.

Now to answer your question as to why it isn't just called Twisted Metal, is because it's nothing like Twisted Metal.

For one the plot is entirely different. Twisted Metal games allowed anyone to join in order to win a wish to get anything they wanted in the entire world.

Death Race gave the opportunity for certain prisoners to enter in the hopes of eventually winning their freedom.

For two the characters/cars were different. Twisted Metal had a variety of different types of cars AND characters. Hell it's famous for an evil clown in an ice cream truck!

Death Race gave a variety of characters, but the cars mostly were modern day cars or trucks just loaded with machine guns.

In fact now that I think about it, the only REAL similarity between the two is that people are trying to kill each other in cars. And even that is a lot different as in Death Race it is an actual Race where really no one HAS to die. While in Twisted Metal it's not a race at all but just a "Death Derby."

Also the movie for the most part was not to just "make bank." As you call it. You can tell this because it lacks the most easiest method for a movie to make money and thats on screen endorsements. Go watch a Will Smith or Keeanu Reeves movie and you will see like 10,000 advertisements from everything like fast food to shoes. That's where the real money is, and the only real thing Death Race endorsed were cars(The Mustang in particular), and thats kinda hard NOT to do being the purpose of the movie is racing civilian type cars.

In conclusion you seemed to have made this thread to look smart and most of your opinions fell short of that purpose.

i really wanted to come on here and show how twisted metal and death race were nothing alike...but i'll just go with Craze
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
Craze wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

except the pot is black and used for Stew, and the Kettle is stainless steel(silver) and used for tea.

to summarize: I actually did sound smart. You and him, however did not.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
Craze wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

except the pot is black and used for Stew, and the Kettle is stainless steel(silver) and used for tea.

And you are so secure about it that you felt the need to make an entire post about it. Nice.

It is also worth pointing out that there is nothing that sounds quite as smart as describing something as "the most easiest". Pro gr4mmur h4x.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
Craze wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
Craze wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

And you are so secure about it that you felt the need to make an entire post about it. Nice.

It is also worth pointing out that there is nothing that sounds quite as smart as describing something as "the most easiest". Pro gr4mmur h4x.

ah yes resorting to typos, are we? I guess thats not exactly surprising seeing how stupid most of your flames are.
ZW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, after CoolCreep got manascrewed in a sealed today, he proceeded to curse me off and tell me to kill myself. NICE!
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW wrote:
Also, after CoolCreep got manascrewed in a sealed today, he proceeded to curse me off and tell me to kill myself. NICE!

again not surprising at all.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
Craze wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
Craze wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

ah yes resorting to typos, are we? I guess thats not exactly surprising seeing how stupid most of your flames are.

That isn't a typo. a Typo is writing something like "litle" instead of "little" or "awesom" instead of "awesome". Also, I only pointed it out because you claimed your post "made you look smart" which is very ironic considering it was littered with grammatical errors.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW wrote:

A shame you didn't take my advice.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2