Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pauper Magic

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Socks3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Pauper Magic Reply with quote

I've got a deck I'm working on, here's the list:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
16 Forest

// Creatures
4 Elvish Warrior
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Mire Boa
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Shorecrasher Mimic
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
4 Slippery Bogle
4 Wellwisher

// Spells
4 Bonesplitter
4 Favor of the Overbeing
4 Predator's Strike

// Sideboard
SB: 4 Ashcoat Bear
SB: 4 Thornweald Archer
SB: 4 Wrap in Vigor
SB: 3 Nourish

The idea is, of course, to beat down on your opponent.

It's beaten every matchup so far except burn, in the previous list (which ran Zodiac Monkey instead of Nourish in the Board and a random elf instead of Wellwisher)

Any comments?
Welran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm birchlore ranger isn't a some random elf
it allows explosive starts with nettle sentinel
Socks3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I didn't find it as useful in my build. Playtesting with it and Wellwisher show the Wellwisher build winning more often.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because, turn 1 ranger, turn 2 nettle + nettle play your hand is bad
Socks3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just never had that happen as often as might be hoped. My current build is winning more consistently than the other one.

Thanks for the feedback.
Ownj00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not running birchlore in ext/classic pauper MGA decks is strictly wrong. there's years of data on the deck at pdcmagic.com. i'm assuming you got the list from kehmesis's winning list (i was the other player in the finals of that event). it's almost identical. but please, don't cut birchlore, he really is important, theres lots of MuTC, and getting the birchlore/nettle draw is extremely important. also, wellwisher doesn't really do much except in the aggro matchups, and even then almost every other aggro matchup runs burn, so you're sacrificing one of the best aspects of the deck for a card specifically for the mirror.
Socks3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's true. I see your point.

Well, I'm running it again now, as you are right (Why I don't listen the first time, I still don't know).

I've changed the board around a little, too. I cut the Bears for the Zodiac Monkey. Any thoughts on why that was a bad idea?
Ownj00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was playing MuTC when i lost to kehm in the finals of that event. MuTC is historically the most successful deck in pauper ext. ashcoat bear is in the sideboard just for that match. bear is great against the decks with counters, but MGA does have a solid matchup vs them already. it comes down to what you think the metagame will look like. i'll go grab my PDC Ext MGA list off MTGO in a lil bit and post it here for you.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1